Monday, May 30, 2011

LOVE having a day off!

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend still (if you have a 3-day) and if not then I hope you had a good weekend! I had a great weekend! I'm actually headed into the not-so-fun part of my weekend. I used to work first, play later. But I don't seem to be very good at that so this weekend I played first so guess what? Yep, I have to work later, meaning NOW!

I have much packing/organizing/throwing away/decluttering to do before the floors get redone next week. Ooh! It's next week I just realized. Yep! I've got a LOT to do! So it's off to work I go.

I have pictures from my weekend that I'll post later. On Saturday I celebrated Memorial Day with a hamburger of course. And it was super duper delicious! OMG! I got a fantastic Groupon deal and tried a new place, Steingarten LA. They're beef is grass-fed, no hormones or antibiotics and I think it was possibly the best burger I've EVER had. And I've had a lot of burgers in my life. I ordered mine with brie and bacon. I mean, how can you go wrong there, huh? I don't think you can. Oh, and it had some roasted garlic sauce on it as well. Mighty mighty tasty indeed! And of course I had fries. My BF and I each ordered different fries - sweet potato (yam) for me and parmesan fries for him. To die for! I love my fries! And they had this fantastic "curry ketchup" that was simply amazing, particularly on the yam fries. Yummy!!!!!

I was smart to plan the day that way though. We had a track workout in the morning that was really great. And then lunch and then we went to Greystone Mansion and walked around the park. Although the mansion is closed for restoration the grounds are open and they're beautiful and it's incredibly peaceful with great views of the city. Really great FREE find. Even free parking...YES, in Beverly Hills! It was a beautiful day and I got sunburned. Good job me! I forget that I don't have the skin I did when I was younger and just never really burned. Now I do. Well, not to mention that the ozone layer is thinner and helps you burn faster. Haha!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, I wrote all that above this morning. Now it's the afternoon and I've accomplished quite a bit and even got in a very quick (12 minutes) but VERY intense workout I found on bodyrock.tv. Where have I been? How come I didn't even know this site existed? Well, now I do and I'm on it now. I can see that there are some good and quite challenging workouts on here. I also watched Zuzana's video about "Stress Makes Me Fat". Now even though I don't know her at all and it's all new to me, clearly she is not looking "fat" to me or "pregnant" but I thought the video is good just because she's real about eating and that sometimes you eat too much and then you have to rein it in again. I like to hear that and I don't like it when "fitness" people act like they never fall off the wagon. I think it's human nature so I liked that she talked about that and then said that when that happens she just cuts back on her intake and starts from there. It's good that she doesn't beat herself up about it. Very refreshing indeed!

That's about it for now. A few more hours of this holiday and then it's back to reality...but for now I get to relax...love it!

1 comment:

A Fine Balance said...

thank you for the website. So excited to check it out. and yes people fall off the wagon all the time...including fitness buffs

Glad to hear you had a great long weekend.

xoxo