Wednesday, May 4, 2011

PREFERRED FOOD LIST

This is by no means a comprehensive list and as I think of new items (or eat them) I will be sure to add them to this list. 

PROTEINS
Chicken – mostly white meat but sometimes dark*
Turkey – again mostly white but sometimes dark*
Shrimp
Fish – tilapia is my fave of course but I also love trout!
*Salmon
Squid
Clams
Mussels
Oysters
Lean beef – steak, lean ground beef
Lean pork – pork loin chops, pork tenderloin
Protein powder
Cottage cheese
Lowfat yogurt (or nonfat but I don’t like that as much)
Tofu
Egg whites
*Whole eggs

CARBS
Brown rice
Kamut
Yams/sweet potatoes
Spelt
Oats/Oatmeal
Farro
Rice cakes
Kamut cakes
*Puffed kamut cereal
*Puffed brown rice cereal
*Crispy brown rice cereal
*Spelt flakes cereal
*Kamut flakes cereal
*Cheerios
Oat flour
Spelt flour
*Ezekiel bread
*Ezekiel tortillas
*Spelt tortillas
*Julian bread

FATS
Natural nut butters – almond, walnut, peanut, NuttZo, NuttZo PF
Raw nuts – almonds, walnuts, pecans, macadamia, hazelnut, Brazil, pinenuts
Oils – olive, macadamia, canola, flaxseed, sesame
Coconut flour
Almond meal
Flax seeds
Avocado

FRUIT – Raw 1-2 servings per day of ANY fruit – hey! They all have their benefits!

VEGETABLES – UNLIMITED
I eat any and all vegetables in unlimited quantities. I don’t eat corn or carrots too much but that’s just because I’m leery of corn after all I’ve read about how genetically altered it has become over years of trying to make it “cheap”. Carrots I’m fine with but tend to overdo it and they are higher in sugar.

OTHER ITEMS - UNLIMITED
Unsweetened almond milk
Toasted seaweed
Fresh and dried herbs
Sea salt
Black pepper
Dulse
Chili garlic sauce
Garlic
Vinegars – apple cider, white, red wine, rice, yuzu
Tea – green, matcha green tea powder, black, herbal

USE SPARINGLY
Honey
Agave
Molasses
Brown sugar
Real maple syrup

*Use less often, maybe a few times a week – it’s a control thing, meaning if I allow myself to eat more of these items I will most certainly overdo it!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You rock! I love being inspired by you!!