Tuesday, May 3, 2011

AARGH! ALLERGIES!!!!

I'm all for Spring, beautiful flowers and clear skies! It all sounds very appealing but it's killing my mojo! Not to mention my breathing and sleeping and everything else that goes with it! I have to take Claritin every day and it's warm here! But I get tired of taking Claritin because I just don't really like to take medication of any sort. So I didn't take it for the past 2 days. But today the whole "I can't breathe or think straight" thing was kind of too much for me to deal with. Thank goodness I work in an office with AC. I don't particularly care for AC normally but when my allergies are kicking my butt it's nice to come to the office and clear them out a little and then go back to my home and DIE again because of the open windows and fresh air! No, I don't have AC in my place. Well, I have a portable AC but it's not quite the same as central air, ya know!

All this to say that I really want to go inline skating today but I'm not sure I can handle it with my allergies. But I took Claritin so I'm thinking I'm just going to push my luck and see what happens. It's been wayyyyyy too long since I got to enjoy my wheeled feet! I'll let you know later if I went and if I did, how much I enjoyed it!

My food has been pretty on point so far this week. I haven't eaten anything crazy but I haven't been overly strict either. Have you noticed that I seem to be a little confused where food is concerned? I think I am. So I'm just trying to eat the right foods for ME, at the right times for ME, and in the right amounts for ME. We'll see how that pans out. I feel like I can't control my eating very well anymore. I don't understand it at all but that is how I feel. Or not that I can't control it but kind of like I have NO idea what I'm doing with my food and nutrition. I think it's time for an overhaul. There are some things I've learned about me and foods and some I already knew. I think that I really need to sit down and write a plan for ME that will really work best and let me feel the best about myself that I can. It's SO HARD to eat "normally" after doing a competition. If you've never done a competition I can't explain but if you have then you definitely understand. Let me just say that I know it would be a lot easier if I would just do another competition. But I'm not one to take the easy road. Actually I shouldn't say "easy" because that it is not but I would definitely say "simple", at least where my food is concerned. I would know exactly what I'm supposed to eat every single day for every single meal. While that's very rigid, it definitely simplifies your food and choices. Prep was easy for me in that way. Nothing to think about or question. I ate what was on my plan and that was it. SIMPLE! Enter the real world where things are NOT so black and white. I'm drowning in gray matter! Hahahaha!!! Seriously, I am. But I'm going to find my way and whatever I learn I will be happy to share with all of you!

Well, that was quite a rant now, wasn't it? So let me just say thanks. Thanks for being there for me and reading my blog so I can rant away and dump by head on the internet! Such a relief! Well, that's it! I'm off to finish up my work day and then head out to skate! Yahoo! I think I will be fine and I'm sure I'll enjoy my time. It's just the way it goes. Wheels + music + helmet = sheer happiness and bliss!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I get closer to stepping on stage, I have started mapping out my post competition plan. So, far my plan is to have one day of cheat meals and then Monday morning I am back on clean eating. Since my trainer has me carb cycling, my new "normal" will be my medium carb days. Would something like that work for you? Since you find comfort in your comp prep diet, could you go back to it? This is my first time through, so I am really pretty clueless. Like I said, I am making a PLAN but have no idea what it is going to feel like when it is actually the week after and it's time to put my PLAN into motion! Keep posting your feelings about this! I'm reading!!

Meaghan said...

I just brought that topic up last night with my fiance, about eating after a competition. Saturday will be my 6th competition, but the previous years I didn't make a plan and I just ate whatever. Not right away though, I actually didn't even know what to eat because I forgot what typical people ate. But I soon remembered, but my weight bounced back. I have my wedding 2 months after my show, so I don't have an option to do that this time, nor do I want to. I am slowly going to bring foods back into my diet, but the first two weeks after my competition I will be eating my competition diet and will slowly add carbs back into meals and variety as time passes. My body is so used to a caloric deficit that if I give it too much it will store it for fat. I know what you are going through...it is hard and it is hard for people who don't compete to understand it. My only suggestion would be to make a plan/schedule...I say that because I love living off schedules and it helps me stay on track with everything in my life. Maybe it will help :)

Lisa said...

OH Erin I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I'm a mess with food. Okay, I'm eating better and more clean right now but I'm still lost when I don't have a plan. After my comp I told myself I'd only "cheat" for two days and then get right back on things.Yea right. My mind and body had different plans. Not being able to eat that yummy stuff for so long I binged and I binged like a champ. I didn't gain too much, 10lbs max but that's because I was still working hard at the gym. took me about a month to get it together and now I'm on track again but it's tough. I agree with how comp is so different! I'm trying to get myself to think of what I want or don't want to eat, not what I can or can't have. You know? Hey, at least we understand this about ourselves =)