And it did fairly well. I did just body weight glutes and hammies. There were a couple of things I did that felt a little weird. And I was going to do step ups but I think there is something about that exercise that I'm not doing right. I don't think my knee tracks over my foot. I actually think that's how I originally hurt it but then I forgot about it until today. I'm pretty sure that was the original injury. See...the good thing about getting older is your memory isn't as good so you can't really remember why/how/when you hurt yourself originally! Isn't that awesome?!? LOL!
Meals today:
1) Pre-workout: Matcha shake w/ 1 scoop protein powder and 1/4 cup oats; also glutamine and BCAAs
2) Post-workout: 1/2 cup Voskos Greek yogurt w/ 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1 t instant decaf coffee, 2 T pecans, 1/2 packet stevia, 1/4 cup oatmeal - yummy wow-wow!
3) 3 egg whites, 2 eggs (yeah, I was having an egg-cracking problem - don't ask), 1/4 cup oatmeal, 1/2 apple w/ 1 T peanut butter
4)1 slice of Iris's turkey/chard roll-up (very yummy with homemade tomato sauce...yum!), 1/2 tilapia fillet, 1/2 cup brown rice
5)1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 apple
6) Half batch of Protein Oatmeal Cookies!!!! WAHOO!!! SOOOOOOO TASTY!!!
7) Still to come...mighty green smoothie (I need some veggies!)
Why the defeated mindset? Does it ever surprise you how quickly you can go from being highly motivated to being quite defeated? Are we so used to being told that we can't do something that after 40+ years you actually believe you can't? If you read my post from yesterday you know I'm highly motivated for 2 major...MAJOR goals. Well, in researching one of them already today, I started asking myself: What am I doing? I can't do that. I've never been good at that. Who am I kidding? But I guess the good thing is that I didn't let that stop me. I decided that plenty of other people have done it so why not me? Yes it may be harder for me and yes, it will be a challenge. But what is life if not for challenge? So I will forge ahead and go with my general plan and see what happens. I can only shoot for my dream and you never know what might happen along the way! As long as I'm headed in the right direction then I'm doing something. And as long as I'm going in the direction with the best of my abilities and pushing myself past what I think is possible then I'm succeeding. That's all there is to it.
Just wrote up the Protein Oatmeal Cookie recipe. Oh, these are good...really really good. I LOVE them! I might eat them every day for every meal! Okay...kidding! Just kidding! But they are THAT good! I also made some of my Orange Cranberry Cereal Bars. Yep! Danger! Watch out! Tasty treats all around me. Can I be in control? Yes, yes I can!
Hope your week is off to a great start! Here's to another great week and moving closer and closer to those goals we keep setting for ourselves! YES! We've got this, right? RIGHT!
2 comments:
I go through ups and downs all the time.
its crazy how food has that effect....on me anyways!
I'm glad you understand. Eat right, feel right. That's the way it is!
Post a Comment