Monday, May 16, 2011

Resting is hard work...

Well, it is really. Since I hurt my knee last week I decided to work out upper body only. After trying ice, rolling, ibuprofen, etc. I decided what I really need to do is REST. The rolling seems to be getting things inflamed and the ice seems to stiffen things up. So I decided Friday night that I need to take on a FULL ADULT-SIZED REST. So no working out for me this week. And it's HARD. When you're used to KILLING it in the gym, it's kind of hard to just rest and recover. And it's a little depressing as well. So, here I am. A little down. I know it's temporary and I'll come back out of it but I just need to rest.

I'm smart though and bought myself a new puzzle book. I'm crazy for puzzles. LOVE them! Love deduction-type puzzles as well as word puzzles and games. I know. I'm a nut! Call me crazy! Because I WILL answer! Ha!

So since I will not be working out this week it's imperative that my nutrition is on point! So no fun little snacky meals for me this week. That's okay though. I kind of needed to get a little strict with myself anyway. Now I'm just kind of forced to do it. So lighter and lesser food this week. That's the plan. I think I do best with fish at night so I'll be doing that most nights this week. I'll have my bread twice this week ONLY. That's been my goal but I've been overdoing it. I'll put it in my plan so I can enjoy and look forward to it this week.

So I slept in this morning and ate a HUGE breakfast! It was so delish! I will post a picture later so you can see all the yumminess.
Meal 1) 3 egg whites + 1 egg with 1 zucchini and 5-6 mushrooms, 1/2 cup oatmeal with 5 strawberries and 4 walnut halves. It was so delicious!
Meal 2) 1/4 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup Voskos Greek yogurt mixed with 1/2 scoop protein powder, 2 T walnuts, cinnamon

That's it for now. More to come later! Hope your Mondays are off and running! Enjoy!!!!




“Sometimes the most urgent thing you can possibly do is take a complete rest” 
~Ashleigh Brilliant

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Erin I feel ya! I just posted the exact thing! I'm feeling down and out because I took a week off from the gym (not my fault!) So I totally know how you feel. Rest up though, and hopefully you will get better!

Erin said...

Thanks so much Lisa! I have such great support! Lucky me!

A Fine Balance said...

Its definitely important to rest up so you dont re injure yourself and your meals sound delish : )