Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Early to bed, RIDICULOUSLY early to rise, makes a young girl...

healthy, wealthy, and wise? Really? I doubt it! Makes me a little loopy and nuts though! Wahoo! Hahaha! So I followed my rules and I was in bed, lights out by 9:15 at the latest. And guess what? At 3:45am I was awake! Did I fall back asleep? Uh...NO! So I got up and had a leisurely breakfast and ate a yummy shake (pumpkin pie protein shake) with some oatmeal. And I played WWF. And I read a couple of blogs. I didn't know what to do with myself while I waited for the gym to open.

Eventually I went to the gym and did a shoulder workout and finished with some tabata. It was fun and different. Never tried it before. Do any of you do it? What do you think of it? I did this one from Nick Tumminello. The difficulty for me was only 10 second rests. Very tricky. But I love the idea that you're done in just 4 minutes. I know it's not good for every workout but 2-3 times a week sounds perfect to me. And you can do any number of exercises. I know it's been around for a while but I've never tried it until now. I think it may become my new best friend.

I'm hungry today too. Not really sure why. Could it be the tabata? It is supposed to have quite the EPOC effect. Maybe? These are my meals so far. Not sure why I'm hungry. But yes, I'm eating again as I type.
1) Protein shake with 1 scoop protein, 1/8 cup pecans and 1/4 cup oatmeal
2) 4 egg whites + 1 egg, 1 zucchini, 1/2 cup oatmeal
3) 1/4 cup oatmeal, 3/4 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 small apple, 2 T walnuts
4) 1/4 cup oatmeal, 1/2 scoop protein powder, 2 T walnuts - because I'm STARVING! Haha!

We'll see what the rest of the day holds. But that's about it for right now. Ooh! I did do a new exercise for my shoulders since there were no rope attachments for my cable front raise. I used the D-handle and held that with both hands palms up. It was great. Really targeted the front delts. Fantastic!!

No comments: