Saturday, May 14, 2011

And I thought my stair workout was hard enough!

I found this video of Apolo Anton Ohno this morning. They probably played it during the 2010 Olympics or something but I had never seen it. Let me just say...WOW! Starting at about 3:45 you'll see their "dry land" workout that's all on the stairs. Then he goes on to explain that one "set" of just a part of this workout is jumping up the stairs one step, every third step and every fifth step. And they do that 14 (that's right...FOURTEEN) times! Holy cow! They are ANIMALS, I tell you! BEASTS!!! And this is all AFTER they've been skating in circles. Oh, yes, and THEN 3 sets each of single step hops facing forward, then right leg, then left leg. A total of 45 minutes on this crazy stair workout! So motivating! If only my knee weren't jacked up, I would definitely be at the stairs in Santa Monica right this very minute! AMAZING stuff!!!!


GET IT DONE! Today's your day! I'm motivated and inspired! Hope you enjoy!

No comments: