Friday, April 29, 2011

I just got some....satisfaction...

What can I say? I'm half-Korean so what do you think I grew up on? Yep, that's right...white rice! And still to this day there is nothing quite like it in my book. And do I get cravings for that? Why, yes, I do! And do I think it's okay to eat white rice every once in a while? ABSOLUTELY! So I did just that today. I was craving it so I went and got a nice ol' serving of Kalbi Plate from Ono Hawaiian BBQ.
Kalbi plate from Ono Hawaiian BBQ
 It comes with white rice (the way we made it in our K household - kinda sticky), 3-4 kalbi (short ribs), Hawaiian macaroni salad (yep, real mayo there!), and steamed cabbage. I didn't think I wanted or would eat the whole thing and if I did I would be falling asleep at my desk this afternoon but guess what? I did want and I did eat the whole thing and I didn't fall asleep at all at my desk and in fact felt energetic! I ate that meal and enjoyed every stinkin' bite!! It was so very delicious. The texture of the rice, the yumminess of the meat, the creaminess of the macaroni salad, and the "healthy" taste of the cabbage. It was all sooooo delicious and therefore very satisfying! In fact I kept being shocked at myself because all afternoon I didn't have ONE craving! So, what have I learned here?

Well, when you're craving something...I mean really craving it...as in it doesn't go away for a few days, then eat it and ENJOY!!!! Truly enjoy. Sit there with it and don't watch TV, talk on the phone, text or be on your computer. Just be LOST in the moment of the meal. There is NOTHING like it and honestly I think that complete satisfaction is something I've been missing from my meals lately. It was AWESOME!!! Yummy!!!

As for my hunger level after, not so much. I didn't eat for about 5 or 6 hours later. THAT'S how satisfying it was! Fantastic! But what I did have tonight was a Pumpkin Pie Protein Shake - 1 scoop protein powder, 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze, about 8 ice cubes...YUMMY!

And now it's wash the dished and off to bed I go. It's supposed to be nice weather this weekend and I can't wait! Wahoo! ENJOY it!

No comments: