Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Feeling better already! OMG! You MUST make this bread NOW!!!

Well, I'm off to a rip-roaring start today! I got up bright and early...before 5 and headed to the gym. Drank/ate my shake with oats mixed in first. Did my Back and Plyo Legs workout. Sometimes the exercises in that are hard. Today they were hard. Finished up with a few ab exercises - hanging leg raises (with straight legs), cable crunches, and crunches on a Swiss ball. Stretched briefly and headed home for shower and more food. Ate my second meal (egg whites and oatmeal) and headed to work. Honestly, I couldn't wait for today to start so I could get to work and eat my third meal. I made Jamie Eason's Cinnamon Swirl Bread. Here's the recipe I got off of her Facebook page. I can't wait to eat it!!!!

Jamie Eason's Cinnamon Swirl Bread
 
Preheat oven to 350. Spray loaf pan with non-stick spray.

In small bowl combine: (set aside)
1/3 cup Ideal, Truvia or Splenda
2 tsp cinnamon

In a large bowl combine: (whisk together)
1 1/2 cups oat flour + 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup Ideal, Truvia or Splenda

In a medium bowl combine: (whisk together & add to lrg bowl)
2 egg whites or 1 whole egg
1 cup unsweetened almond milk (Almond Breeze)
1/3 cup or 1 4oz jar of babyfood applesauce
1/4 cup of greek yogurt

Pour a shallow layer of batter into the loaf pan (about 1/4 of the batter). Sprinkle heavily with half of the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Repeat with remaining batter & cinnamon/sugar on top. Draw a knife through the batter to marble. Bake for 45 to 50 min. Let cool for 10 min. Bread will be dense.

Makes 12 servings:
70 calories
1.34 g fat
8.4 g carbs
6 g protein

I will be eating 4 servings since that is about how much I need. Hurry up 10:00 and get here!  Hahaha! I can't WAIT!!

YIPPEEE!!!! It's 10:08! I can eat my yummy Cinnamon Swirl Bread! Bye! Gonna go do that now! Be back later with my review and also will post a picture later toady!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, that bread sounds yummy! I have been craving cinnamon and sugar lately too!

lizzyinsb said...

Oh my! This looks freakin awesome.
Too bad I'm back on prep. I'll have to archive it and make it 13.5 weeks from now!

Erin said...

Oh yes, you girls must make it. Sorry Liz but yes, definitely make it when you're done with your comp!