Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday Morning - Get your workout on!!

I admit it. I didn't sleep enough. Who's fault is that, you ask? Well, that would be mine. Yep! I think I'll own that. Went to sleep late and also drank a 10 oz. green tea at around 5pm and then also another 4 ounces or so around 8pm. BAD IDEA!!! But the tea is sooooo tasty that I just drank it and didn't think about the consequences. You know when I thought about the consequences? Well, let's see...that would be at 3:45am!!! Yep, that's a good time to think about a lot of things!! NO!!! But there I was wide awake at 3:45am. I played some game on my ipod touch and then went to sleep until 5:10 and I was awake before my alarm so I got up, ate/drank my shake/oats and off to the gym I went. And guess what?!? I had a GREAT workout and even finished up with 15 minutes running on the treadmill. TADOW! How ya like me now?!? Hahaha!!!!

Wait...what? I just looked that up online and all this time I thought Ice Cube was saying "tadow...how you like me now I'm in the mix?" but all the lyrics sites say he's saying "today...how you like me now..." WHAT?!? Am I wrong really? So how many of you thought the lyrics were tadow? It can't just be me! Well, too funny and the joke's on me if those online lyrics are correct!

Moving right along to my workout this morning: SHOULDERS AND SOME CHEST
Dumbbell Shoulder Press 25# 2x12, 1x10
Incline Lat Raise 5# 3x12 - yes, I know this seems very light but it is such a hard exercise
DB Front Raise 12# 3x12
Single Rear Delt Flyes on Incline bench 12# 3x10 (surprisingly hard to do single)
Incline DB Chest Flyes 15# 3x12
Incline DB Chest Press 20# 3x12
15 minutes treadmill run @ 6.5

Only 3 meals so far today:
1) 1 scoop protein, 1/4 cup quick oats (pre-workout)
2) 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1/2 cup oats w/ 5 walnut halves, 1 T dried cranberries, 1 cucumber
3) 1 Lemon Blueberry Cereal Bar (yes, I will post the recipe soon), 1/2 cup Voskos Greek yogurt, 2 cucumbers

So that's it for now! Hope you are all having a good day.

I posted this on Facebook but it definitely needs to be posted here as well. This is an amazing video. I mean...WOW!!!!!! It's truly inspirational. I love how this girl didn't even think of giving up, not for one second! LOVE it!

No comments: