Monday, April 11, 2011

Go ahead! Challenge me...'cause I CAN find the good in the bad!!!!

Okay, long story short, I came home (around 9:00pm) from being gone most of the weekend, took one step in my hallway and SQUISH!!! What the?!?!? Soaking wet carpet...from WHAT?! I quickly investigate, pull back the shower curtain to find my tub completely full of nasty nasty nasty water!!! UGH!!! So nasty! Yuck yuck yuck!! Flooded out my entire bathroom and into the hall almost reaching both the living room and the bathroom. Can you say DISGUSTING?

So yes, I call the maintenance guy. "I'll be there as soon as I can. I'll be leaving in about 20 minutes." Yes, he is an awesome maintenance guy! Got there about an hour or so later and worked like a dog till almost midnight.

Next I called my building manager and left her a message. She returned my call. "So the maintenance guy is on his way there, right?" "Yes." "I'll give him a call to ask him to also pull up all the wet carpet. Do you want new carpet or hardwood floors?" "I'll think about it and call you back." Of course I chose hardwood floors eventually. That will be a nicer look, easier to maintain and better for an "allergy" gal like me! Yes, I will eventually have to buy some rugs but since we're coming into summer the "cold floor" isn't too much of a concern right now and I can take my time and find some I really like.

Next I pulled up the nasty bathroom rugs, bathmat, shower curtain, and liner and threw them in the laundry with about a quarter gallon of clorox! No, not really...slight exaggeration but you get the point! Of course the machine kept getting out of balance and I didn't realize it so it took a long time to do that laundry. Eventually finished it though.

When the maintenance guy finally left it was time for some cleaning of my own. I was very tired when I finally hit the bed around 1:30 or so! Oy! No, there was NOT going to be any early morning workout for me! Nope! Definitely not! That's okay. I'll workout tonight. It's all good!

So...things I am grateful for from this experience (AKA finding the good in the bad!):

1) My maintenance guy! He ROCKS!! He's efficient, kind and funny. We just crack up whenever he has to come fix something. Basically he takes the pain away from situations that would be much more intolerable with someone that is difficult to deal with.

2) Grateful I went home Sunday night and not Monday morning post-workout! Ewww...can you imagine? All rank from the gym and not able to shower? AND have to deal with getting the maintenance guy there? Thanks but NO.

3) NEW HARDWOOD FLOORS!! Yes, now I get hardwood floors instead of nasty cheap apartment carpet! I mean, that's pretty awesome, don't you think?

4) It was the tub and NOT the toilet!!! No explanation necessary! Hahahaha!!!

5) Fantastic reason for Spring Cleaning! Yes, now I MUST clean out some things to move my furniture around for the hardwood floors. And that means pulling things out and reevaluating my need for them in my life. I see a little money may be made here via my fave Craigslist. We'll see! Maybe and maybe not. But it will definitely help me get all the unnecessary items out of my place. So yeah for that!!!

6) My bathroom is ridiculously clean. Scrubbed with some fine toxic clorox! Yep, that's what works for me. Yes, it may be toxic but I wouldn't trust anything else to clean someone else's bath water, ya know?!?

That just about sums it up! Hahaha! I'm kind of tired today and I'm sure I'll be even more tired tomorrow but I'm pushing forward! Here's to a great week! Fun new workouts and such. I get to meet Jamie and her boyfriend (she's one of the girls from Gina's network)  face to face this week and see them compete this weekend. SOOO excited! Can't wait!

Kind of a long quote but great advice I think!

“Living with integrity means: Not settling for less than what you know you deserve in your relationships. Asking for what you want and need from others. Speaking your truth, even though it might create conflict or tension. Behaving in ways that are in harmony with your personal values. Making choices based on what you believe, and not what others believe.” ~Barbara De Angelis

No comments: