Hmmm...is it just me or do you sometimes take DAYS for recovery? There are a few reasons I could think of for this: 1) I'm lifting heavier and harder; 2) I'm not sleeping enough or well enough; 3) I'm not eating right or 4) I'm getting older. At any rate my body doesn't seem to be recovering as fast as usual. At any rate, I really think I need to focus on getting the right amount of good sleep at night. No more of these 6-hour nights. That's just not enough for me. If only I were young again and could easily go on 3-4 hours of sleep a night. Not anymore!
Last night, for example, I was in bed early! Asleep by 9:45 or so but when my alarm went off this morning I was dragging. Of course I didn't sleep well and I remember tossing and turning a lot! So I got up and got my first meal going with the plan to hit the gym. But after I ate I decided I was way too tired and I just had to go back to bed. So I did. And I slept and woke up feeling "right" which is not how I originally woke up!
Since I've been eating right this week, that couldn't be the problem. There's a lot of construction going on outside at night though and I think that just disturbs my sleep. I just need to make a conscious effort though to "shut down" earlier at night. If that means not watching some of my shows then that's what it means. I can always record them and watch them the next day earlier in the evening. So my mini-goal for next week is all electronic items need to be off (and stowed away...lol!) by 9pm. That will give my mind and eyes time to rest before sleeping. Can I do it? You bet!
So no workout yesterday and possibly not one today either although I may go for a walk later. My body's tired though and I feel it. I would rather rest today and have a kick ass workout tomorrow than work out today and feel too tired tomorrow for an awesome workout! I guess I just want to make my workouts count and not just do them because I feel like I "should" or it was on my schedule.
I'll keep you posted. Hope you are all having a great Friday and Happy Good Friday to all of you that participate in that!
No comments:
Post a Comment