Friday, April 8, 2011

I just want a little peace and quiet...

Ahhh...the pleasures of apartment living. A few months ago I got a new upstairs neighbor (hello new hardwood floors...could you be more annoying?!?) and then he mysteriously moved out. Well, guess what? Now I think I have a new couple living upstairs that are in the process of moving in. Now, correct me if I'm wrong but don't common sense and common courtesy exist?

Here's a little scenario for you: So, you're moving into a new place. Is your first thought, "Hey, it's 10:30 at night and I think NOW is a good time to start putting things away in my bedroom. Not only that but I think I'll continue that until AT LEAST 1:30 in the morning." I think not! I hope not!! Geeeeezzzzzzzzzzz!!!!! Where do these people get their manners or lack thereof?!? I had to pound on my ceiling. I was beyond annoyed and then I was all riled up and couldn't get back to sleep because I was ANGRY!!!!

Finally as I'm falling back asleep, the fine construction workers think it's a good idea to start honking their big semi-truck horns at each other. Seriously?!? Do you understand that you're working and we're all trying to sleep?

Luckily tonight I can sleep with earplugs since I don't have to wake up at any specific time tomorrow. You would think with the sound machine on full blast and lying on the pillow next to my head it  would be loud enough to cover up all the madness and mayhem happening all around me but sadly, it was not!


Needless to say, when my alarm went off this morning I hit that snooze button hard 3 times before it even registered in my mind that it had gone off. So sadly...no, I didn't get my workout in this morning. It's okay though. I'll just go tonight or maybe even do my workout in my own home. At any rate I'll still get it done but it would have been useless to do it this morning since I felt soooo exhausted by the time I woke up! Ugh!! I did go back to sleep for about another half hour and then woke up and had a lovely breakfast so I'm good to go and feeling fine now. But at 5 am I would have been cranky all day long!

So it's life. My ANGER is slowly diminishing and will soon fade away completely. If they keep up like this though we're going to have to have a little talk. Hopefully it's just because they're moving in. We'll see...

My breakfast was very tasty though. I had one egg and 4 egg whites with salsa, a couple of tablespoons of light shredded cheese and 1/2 a very small avocado. Then my "breakfast dessert" was cinnamon raisin mochi!!! Yes, I brought it back! Kind of forgot about this little gem. I LOVE this stuff. Try it! I think you'll really enjoy it!!! I spread a smidgen of coconut oil on it and OH BOY! This is a tasty treat!!!!


I guess I better get back to work. Just wanted to rant a little. I feel much better now. Thanks for asking! Haha! I'm "rolling with the punches."


Happy people roll with the punches. They know from experience that everything changes. Today’s good fortune may vanish tomorrow, today’s crises may turn out to be tomorrow’s good fortune. ~Unknown

No comments: