Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lost motivation? Don't want to hit the gym? Well, DO IT ANYWAY!

I had started a post earlier about not feeling motivated, don't want to work out, feeling slightly down and yada yada yada! But as I was writing it I thought to myself that I NEEDED to work out to see if I felt better. I owed it to myself to treat myself right. So I got dressed right then and there and headed to the gym. And guess what? It was the BOMB workout!!!! Really really great! I guess just getting there was half the battle. I must have been in the right frame of mind once I actually decided to do it. Here it is:


LOWER BODY (HAM GLUTE FOCUS) and ABS

Barbell Squat - 1x12 warm-up barbell only, 1x10 95#, 1x8 115#, 1x6 135# - yes I was quite proud of myself!
Deadlift - 1x12 95#, 1x10 115#, 1x8 135#
Leg Press - 1x12 90#, 1x10 140#, 1x8 180#
Hyperextension - 3x12 w/ 10# plate
Single Leg Hip Thrust - shoulders and foot elevated (see demo here)
Crunch on Decline Bench w/ 10# plate - 3x15
Swiss ball roll-ins (5) and 10 swiss ball pikes (10) - x3
Plank holds - 2x60 seconds
Plank hold with opposite arm and leg off floor then bring slightly away from center and back - 2x40 seconds each side
Plank twist - in plank position with feet on towel, pull knees into opposite elbow sliding feet on the floor - 3x12 (6 each side)
Foam Ball Roller and stretch


All that in just 1 hour 10 minutes!! Woohoo! GREAT workout!! FANTASTIC!!


On the way home (about 4:30 or so) I saw the unfortunate reality of what happens when you close just one lane either way on a main artery road in West L.A.! Oh boy! It's going to be a long summer! Luckily I had a Quest bar in my car so I could eat that because I was H U N G R Y!!!! I may have to start going to the gym after work again just so I'm not stuck in traffic. Which is the lesser of two evils? Packed gym or traffic jam? Which would YOU choose?!? Keep in mind that they closed a nearby big gym so we now have overflow from those people that are all new to our already crowded gym!


But...wait! It gets better! I get home and find dumped on my doormat a bunch of cigarette butts!!!! I kid you not! Look! I took a picture!


So someone KNOWS that I really don't like smoking apparently. And NO! I didn't have an altercation with anyone. I have NO idea why they were there. So incredibly weird and bizarre!!! Kind of disturbing! Oh well. Nothing I can do about it since I have no way to research it. 

On to other things...la la la!!! The great thing is that I got a THANK YOU CARD from one of my nieces for their visit! Did that make my day or what? It was soooooo great to get that card!!! Clearly she just took it upon herself to do that since her sister didn't write one. Is that awesome or what?!? I LOVE IT!!!! When they say it's the little things in life that matter I couldn't agree more. That letter/card made my day..heck even my week...possibly month!

I haven't been writing much about my food because I'm experimenting. I'll let you know in a couple more weeks where I stand with that and what I find out about myself. It should be interesting and has been so far.

Have a great rest of your week! I know I will!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I would choose traffic jam in a heartbeat. I hate a crowded gym. I want my equipment to myself, when I need it. Selfish? Probably =)

Erin said...

Lisa, you're too funny! "Selfish? Probably!" I know...that's what I think too though! Crowded gyms are NO fun! :-(