Friday, April 1, 2011

Ahh...my little veggies...how I love thee...let me count the ways!

WOW! I know I've said it before but veggies make me feel better. So as hard as it is to get your veggies in, it's so important to do it. I'm not a salad eater. Did you all know that? I don't care for lettuce much! Isn't that just funny? So when I make salads it's mostly all the other vegetables with a small amount of lettuce. And I'm much better with mesclun or spring mix than I am with romaine or red lettuce. Very weird I know but I'm just NOT a salad person. Now I do like the occasional salad with different items. For example, with steak I love salad as a side. It's delicious! And sometimes I just like to have Caesar Salad because I think it's delish! But mostly I'm more of a veggie person over salad any day. Give me my Crunch A Munch and I'm one happy camper!

So for my new mini-goal of eating veggies at every meal except my last I'm off to a great start. I need to clarify though that on days when I'm lifting in the morning I will have my first meal with no veggies also. Sorry but I'm NOT doing veggies at 5:15 am...ain't gonna happen!

My meals so far today look like this:
Snack 1: 1 scoop protein, 1/4 cup quick oats
Meal 1: 5 egg whites with salsa and cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup oatmeal with 3 large strawberries
Snack 2: Quest Almond Crunch bar, 1 small apple, 1 cucumber, 6 baby carrots
Meal 2: Korean style rice bowl - 1/2 cup brown rice, 2 cups or so of broccoli, 4 slices of ham, all mixed together with bibim pahp sauce (spicy sweet), 1 package of TJ's seaweed (yummy!), 5 celery stalks with 1 T PB mixed with 1 t honey (even yummier!)
Meal 3: 3 Jamie Eason's Chicken Meatloaf Muffins , 12 asparagus spears, 1 slice Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread
Snack 3: Will be a shake...hmmm...probably lemon almond! Yummy!


I got in a great workout this morning doing my back and plyo legs superset workout which I changed just slightly. This was my BACK AND LEG PLYOS WORKOUT today:

All back exercises were sets of 12 and the plyos were sets of 20 (or 10 each side)
3 of each Superset:
Wide grip lat pulldown
SS w/ jump squats

Underhand grip bentover row
SS w/ jumping split lunges

Unilateral Hammer Strength Lat Pulldown
SS w/ full range vertical jumps with 10# plate (only 13 NOT 20)

Seated cable row
SS w/ straightleg deadlift with plate (only 15 NOT 20)

Lat pulldown with rope
SS w/ skater (lateral) jumps


I'm ready for the weekend. What's up for the weekend for all of you? Anything fun that I need to know about? Let me know. It's supposed to be nice weather here so I'm pretty sure I'll be doing something or several things outdoors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin! I just found your blog and have really enjoyed reading about your competition experience and what happens after! I am stepping on stage for the first time in May!

Erin said...

Hey there karatenurse! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I checked out your blog as well. You're looking good and it sounds like the prep is going well. Keep up the great work. I'll be following along!