So while they were here, let me just tell you what happened to my eating. It wasn't pretty. It was a lot of foods I never eat. I ate a lot less often and a lot bigger meals. I ate a lot of sugar and a lot of fat (and NOT the healthy kind). But in all this eating, what amazed me is that my nieces thought I was eating really well the whole time. I guess it didn't really register to them that I am more than double their age and I NEVER eat like that anymore. Eating well to me doesn't mean making smart choices at the main meals but then eating all of these things on top of those choices: cheesecake, chocolate oatmeal cookies from Trader Joe's, Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch, onion rings, cheddar cheese fries, parmesan cheese fries, In N Out cheeseburger, Ice Blended Chai Tea Latte, pre-made salads with lots of dressing...yeah, I could go on and on but I don't need to! I think you get the idea. The first step is admitting you have a problem, right?
I didn't feel terrible after eating all this ridiculous food. In a way I wish I would have because it would make it much easier to know that I shouldn't eat these foods. I DO know though that I feel MUCH better when I eat better and have more vegetables. As you all know I've been a little confused with what and how often I want to be eating. I am clear now on that. I would like to eat more at each meal but make sure I eat veggies at every meal except maybe my last meal of the day (my sweet treat protein shake of some style). So these are my mini-goals for the next 2 weeks:
- Early bedtime - yes, really, this one again! 9:00 is not realistic...the best time for me is 10:30 lights out!
- 3 main meals and 2-3 snacks per day
- Make at least one new recipe per week
- Eat veggies at all meals and snacks except last meal of the day
- Continue daily meditation
As for working out I even slacked there during the week. Of course I did swim in the pool while working on my tan but that's about it. I worked out Saturday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Not too bad actually considering. But this week I'll be back at it and in full swing. I'll keep you posted. Tomorrow starts it for me!
I'm just glad that now I have an even greater appreciation for good health after eating below my usual standards and seeing that I really don't feel that great after that. I feel bloated and lethargic. Not really feelings I enjoy! Here's to the weekend that will soon be upon us. Make smart choices. Eat what you want but remember that what you eat will determine how you feel both mentally and physically. Don't you love how I write things that are really just advice I'm giving myself?!? Hahaha! I'm funny!
1 comment:
I know the feeling!
Post a Comment