Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday is here and I couldn't be more excited!!

You know, some days you're on and others you're off...way off! Well, guess what today is? IT'S AN ON DAY!!! Wahoo! So I have so far made the most of it. Yep, I sure have. I was up BEFORE my alarm at about 4:55 or so. I got up and made food - oatmeal, egg whites and strawberries! Yummy! And then it was off to the gym for an AWESOME shoulder and upper chest workout. Yes, things were going well. Start with the right mindset and you will go places, right?

I am happy to report that I've been putting in a little extra effort to my workouts and nutrition and they're paying off. My weight was up a little so I need to get it under control. I've been much better about my food, keeping it clean and only having my 2 refuels in a week. It's perfect! I'm feeling much better and I'm sure the progress will be slow but slow progress is definitely better than no progress.

My focus for this week is early bedtime!! Yes, absolutely! I've been saying that for a while now but this week I really am going to do it, hold myself accountable and make it there. 9:00 bedtime for me this week. I always read or something before I sleep so if I'm in bed at 9 then I can be sleeping by 9:30 and that leaves plenty of time for me to get a good 8 hours or so! Yes, sometimes I wish I were younger because back then I just didn't need as much sleep. But now I do. I hate to admit it but I do. I feel better in every way when I sleep more.

Do you have a mini-goal for the week? Set one today and stick to it every day. Let's do it together. It's always more fun with company!

I'll be posting a shrimp recipe later that's very easy and very tasty. I made it for dinner last night. Yummy!

Have a great Monday! We are going for it this week! WAHOOOOOO!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Erin! I do have a goal for the week... it is stick to meal plan! This week is super hard for me as PMS always makes my cravings out of control- so this week I am planning on controling them and not giving in! Hope you have a good week! We can do this!!!

I am a big advocate of going to bed early! My friends make fun of me and call me grandma since I am always in bed by 9pm!

Erin said...

Yay! Grandma is going to join me in accomplishing our weekly goal! LOL! You're right! We can definitely do this! Don't let PMS get the best of you. You have a great week too and keep me posted on how your goal goes for the week! Thanks for your support!