Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wednesday is here...and possibly more RAIN?!?

I never thought of Southern California as a monsoon kind of place but boy, it sure seems like it this year. It's crazy the amount of rain we've seen this year!!! Boy oh boy!!!

So as I was working out this morning I was thinking to myself, "Why again do I do all this working out?" You know when you're exhausted  and really pushing for those last few reps every once in a while you have to question why. Well, that was me this morning. Yes, why am I torturing myself and tearing down my muscles? Why?!? Hahahaha! Of course I know why but when your body is so taxed out you have to question your sanity slightly I think. I think I'd be more worried about myself if I didn't. I did my Saturday Hammies and Glutes today and it was fantastic! Great workout! I changed a couple of things, decreased some weight and increased others so let's see what I did:

Sumo Squat 3x8 95#
Bulgarian Split Squat 3x10 40# 50#
Good Mornings 3x12 65# 45#
Hip Thrust 3x12 45# 65#
Single Leg Bench Squat 3x10 12
Supine Sliding Leg Curl 3x10 (basically up in a bridge with feet on a towel and then sliding heels away from my butt and then pulling them back in - much harder than it sounds!)
Single Leg Back Extension 2x10 bodyweight only
Back Extension 2x10 bodyweight only 3x13 10# plate

I'm feeling pretty good this week. I kind of eased up on worrying about all my eating. Yes, I'm still eating clean and enjoying my food. And I think that's the point of life...to enjoy food. Isn't it? I'm pretty sure that's the sole reason we've been put on this planet. Just to enjoy food! I'm not weighing and measuring anything this week. I'm working out as much as usual. I don't do much cardio anymore. But I think I need to pick that up again since it makes a difference when I lift. The stronger I seem to be cardiovascularly, the better I seem to be able to lift without just completely sucking wind, particularly when I'm lifting heavy. I may take another break like I did about 5-6 months ago and just give my body a rest and see what happens. I'll keep you posted about it though.

Again, I must tell you that if you don't own any and haven't tried them, you must try the bakery emulsions from Lorann Oils. Their flavor is amazing! I particularly like the orange and lemon. And I love using the butter vanilla. They're really tasty. I use them in shakes mostly. But also if you like lemon stuff, try a little of the emulsion in some Greek yogurt with some stevia to taste. You'll die! It's so divine.

That's about it today.


Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. ~Harriet Tubman

No comments: