Apparently when I set my mini-goal this week to be in bed by 9, I must have meant 9:30. At any rate it's a heck of a lot earlier than the 10:30/11:00 bedtime I was doing so I still feel good. I've been in bed by 9:30 every night. Sometimes at 9:15 and other times at 9:30. It's a step in the right direction.
I got up this morning and did fasted cardio. My hamstring is still healing but feels much better. I just have to keep icing and rolling and I will be fine. It doesn't hurt really to do anything but to stretch it. That's the only time it really hurts so I just have to be careful. I warm up more than usual and definitely stretch when I'm done.
Today starts another challenge. My ex-coach Gina is having a 21-day challenge. I am participating in the challenge by meditating for a minimum of 5 minutes daily. Yes, this will be a challenge for me but I look forward to it. I did my first meditation tonight when I got home from work. I set my timer for 5 minutes. But when that was up it seemed like it had gone so fast and I enjoyed it so much that I did another 10! Woot woot!!! Look at me go!
This morning I did fasted cardio - 30 minutes stepmill and 10 minutes on the incline treadmill walking. This was all rather challenging since my asthma was kicking in a little. Luckily for me it's not nearly as bad as it used to be. I didn't have to take my inhaler but later in the day I did have to take some Claritin. I love this weather but when things start to bloom it's death to me and my sinuses. So sad.
I got to the gym early and left early, leaving me enough time to throw together lunch (and dinner) before I went to work. I'll post my recipe for Quick Italian Ground Beef Stew shortly. It's delicious. For lunch I just ate it with some Farro mixed in it. For dinner I'm putting it over spaghetti squash. Yummy and yummy! I would say it probably took me no more than 10 minutes to throw it in the crockpot. At lunch it was done but the celery and onions were still a little crispy so I left it for a few more hours while I went back to work. Quick and easy...gotta love it!!
Tomorrow I'll be doing weights again. I kind of feel lost since I'm only doing glutes and hammies once a week right now while I'm healing! Very weird to be excited about doing weights. It took me a long time in my life to get to this stage - to actually miss doing weights and get excited to lift again! How funny is that!
Not that I'm very excited about it but since the time change starts this weekend, the great thing is that I can work out after work at the beach or do the stairs or rollerblade!!!! I CANNOT wait!!! Wahoo! But don't like getting up in darkness again or still! Oh well, such is life!
Goodnight all y'all! Ha ha ha!! Here comes Friday! Get excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment