Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hi, I'm Erin. I'm an All Hail Kale Addict!

Yes, I have a confession. I'm addicted to a kale salad. But not just any kale salad. The All Hail Kale Salad from Veggie Grill in Santa Monica. Oh boy! It's soooooo yummy!!! When I go to my chiropractor and/or massage therapist I drive by it to and from. So I really have no self-control and my car always veers over there as I'm driving. Here's the description from the menu:

Marinated kale and red cabbage, roasted
corn salsa, agave-roasted walnuts with a
ginger-papaya vinaigrette. Add blackened
chickin’ or tempeh for $2.50.
I actually am not even a kale fan. Kind of too bitter for me. But this salad is a champion! It's really delicious. The dressing is outstanding. Yes, I am eventually going to have to make my own version but haven't worked on it yet. But it's coming. Shouldn't be too hard. And I get the blackened tempeh. Again, I had never tried tempeh before and one time they messed up my order (and then gave me a brand new salad after I ate half so no complaints there!!!) and didn't blacken the tempeh. When it's not blackened it's "eh" but when it's blackened it's tasty and perfect for this salad. 

That's it. I'm done with that confession. Just wanted to share. If you live in L.A. or Orange County, CA you should definitely try out this restaurant even if you're not a vegetarian. It's mighty delish. And it's clean and the food is just downright tasty. If you get a chance try it and enjoy it!

No comments: