Monday, March 21, 2011

Mmmm...I love pasta!

Wow! It has been a really long time since I had pasta of any sort - healthy or not! And I guess I was really craving it so for lunch I had brown rice spaghetti with chicken sausage, broccoli, tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, capers and a touch of fresh grated parmesan. It was delicious! I was so excited to eat it that I forgot to take a picture. Oh well. Next time I will. Yummy!

It was raining crazy yesterday all day! So weird for Southern Cali! I did NOTHING...not ONE thing! Well, that's not true I guess. I did blog after all and played many mindless games online and in books. I love puzzle books. They're the best! At any rate I felt nice and relaxed this morning, fully rested and ready to hit the gym. So I did that! Away to the gym I went at 5:30am. Got in a great shoulder workout. I love shoulders, hams, glutes, legs...even biceps and triceps...but back...hmmm...not so much. Not my favorite to work out. I think that's why I like working that out in my superset workout because I don't notice how much I dislike it.

The rain has stopped for now and now it is GORGEOUS outside! I can see forever and the ocean is super blue and the sky is super blue and it's amazing! So beautiful. Mother Nature is quite the artist, isn't she? I think so. It's amazing what nature can do for you!

Guess what time of the year it is? Rhubarb time! Oh man! I can't WAIT to get my hands on some of that and stew up a whole crockpot and then gorge myself on that! Between that and kabocha, life is good. But the kabocha is not really great right now. So I will definitely take the rhubarb and attack it with wild abandon! I have a couple of rhubarb recipes. First there's the basic stewed rhubarb. Then there are a couple of shakes an rhubarb protein loaf here here and here but I'm thinking of creating some more rhubarb goodness so I'll keep you posted about that. I do just love to eat the stewed rhubarb just the way it is because it is the most delicious of all!

I better get back to work. Hope you're all off to a great start to your week! I know I am. So off we go! Watch out rhubarb...here I come!!! LOL!!!!

No comments: