Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My mini-goal of going to sleep early

So as I wrote yesterday I have a goal to be in bed at 9:00 all week. So, how did I do on my first night with this goal? I was in bed at 9:13 or 9:15 depending on what clock I was checking. So that was great! And I was happy because I knew I would wake up refreshed! Oh, goodness, that couldn't be farther from the truth!!!! Between the crazy wind storm we had last night banging the access panels on the side of my building as well as the freeway construction and my loudest neighbor in the world upstairs, I was exhausted by the time I woke up! Definitely NOT what I had in mind by going to bed early. Tonight will be better. It has to be.

I still got up early and did 40 minutes of steady state fasted cardio this morning - 4.4 @ 10% incline walking on the treadmill. I could have gone faster and I could have increased the incline. However, my hamstring is bothering me again a little so I didn't want to push it. It didn't really bother me while I was walking but after it kind of bothered me. I taped it up all day long today and it feels better. I'm going to get it checked tomorrow just to be sure that it's okay. I don't want to injure it more.

I've changed my meals a little to be eating more around my workout times and less the rest of the day. So this morning for example I had almost 700 calories for breakfast! Woot woot! How great is that?!? My meals today have been this:
1) 4 egg whites + 1 whole egg; 1 1/2 cups spelt flakes cereal with 1 cup 2% milk, 1 nectarine and 1/4 cup walnuts
2) 4 egg whites + 1 whole egg, 1/2 cup oatmeal and salsa, 1 cucumber
3) 6 oz chicken, 3/4 cup cooked farro, kale - all mixed together with Korean hot sauce, 1 pack Trader Joe's toasted seaweed, EZ cinnamon flax seed cracker for dessert - yummy!
4) 1/4 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup Voskos Greek yogurt, 1/2 scoop protein powder
5)  3 egg whites, 1 spicy jalapeno chicken sausage, 1/4 avocado, 1 oz jalapeno jack almond cheese
6) shake of some sort!! - either chocolate peanut butter heaven or maybe luscious lemon whip

Foods or items mentioned above that you might want to look into:
So, farro? Anyone ever eaten it? I made it for the first time last night and I really like it. I think that next time I make it I won't soak it before. I don't soak my kamut and it's tastier that way. I think farro will be the same. It's not as chewy as kamut but it has good texture that will only be made better with no soaking and probably a shorter cooking time.

EZ Cinnamon Flax Seed Cracker - found this on EZWhey's facebook page. This is so easy it's ridiculous!
2 T flax seeds (ground or not) - I ground mine
2 T water
cinnamon to taste
1/2 - 1 packet stevia
Mix all together in a bowl and spread on parchment paper. Microwave for 2-3 (I actually had to do 3 1/2) minutes, till crispy.

You can make this savory too with herbs or seasonings and probably a little sea salt.

Korean hot sauce -  this is such a great flavored sauce - it's great on everything from eggs to rice to chicken, fish, gosh...you name it! I love this sauce. If you can find it or something like it, buy it and use it. It's delish!!

Lisanatti Almond Cheese - 4 flavors - cheddar, mozzarella, garlic-herb, jalapeno jack

My favorite of course is jalapeno jack! Yummy!

I think that about sums it up. I'm off to get in bed soon. I want to do hammies and glutes tomorrow but I can't. I'm not going to cry about it. But it is sad. :-( That's okay though. I just need to heal my hammie and then it will be back to KILLING it in the gym! No worries!

Here's to another day tomorrow to go after your dreams and reach YOUR potential! Goodnight!

No comments: