Thursday, February 24, 2011

Shake shake shake....shake shake shake...

Shake your booty! Shake your booty! LOL!

I have been on a shake kick over the last week or two so I thought I would just share a shake recipe or two with you. I'm sure most of you already make these but if you don't feel free to give them a try! Keep in mind that everyone's blender is different. Make sure to play around with yours till you find the right ratios. It took me a long time to realize I needed a lot more ice than I was using. I always use Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze but you can substitute whatever "milk" you like - soy, cow's, rice, etc. Put all in blender and blend till right consistency.

Ice Blended "Cafe" Mocha - Caffeine FREE!! LOWFAT!
8 oz almond milk
2-3 T DandyBlend Tea*
1 scoop chocolate protein powder**
8-12 ice cubes

Ice Blended "Cafe" Au Lait - Caffeine FREE! Good EFA's!
8 oz almond milk
2-3 T DandyBlend Tea*
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 T almond butter
1 T coconut oil
8-12 ice cubes

Orange "Rum" Almond Delight - Good EFA's!
8 oz almond milk
1-2 T almond butter
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/2 - 1 t orange emulsion
1/2 t rum emulsion
8-12 ice cubes

Luscious Lemon Whip - pucker up!
8 oz almond milk
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
8-12 ice cubes
Sweetener to taste (I used about 1 packet stevia)

Chocolate Peanut Butter Heaven - so good you'll swear it's dessert!
8 oz almond milk
2 T peanut butter
1-2 T PB2
1 scoop chocolate protein powder**
8-12 ice cubes

Matcha Green NuttZo Goddess
8 oz almond milk
1 T matcha powder
2 T NuttZo (or almond butter)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
8-12 ice cubes
Sweetener to taste (I used about 1 packet stevia)

Iced Chai Tea Latte
2-4 oz almond milk
4-6 oz STRONG chai tea (brew with 1/2 the water)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t cloves
1/4 t nutmeg
8-12 ice cubes
Sweetener to taste (I used about 1 packet stevia)
~~May also make this with 2-4 oz baked yam (skin on or off) and decrease the ice cubes~~

*Can substitute 1 teaspoon instant coffee for 1 tablespoon DandyBlend

**Can substitute vanilla protein powder + 1 T cocoa powder + sweetener (stevia, Splenda, honey, agave - pick your poison!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

these sound delicious! thanks for sharing..can't wait to try to lemon shake!

Erin said...

My pleasure Dee Dee! I love lemon so if you do too you'll love the shake! Enjoy!!