This morning it was off to the gym to do hams and glutes! Let me just say that I KICKED my own BOOTAY!!! Holy smokes! I was going to do some HIIT after but at the end of my workout that just sounded like a cruel joke. I even headed downstairs to stretch and got the thickest, most comfy mat and put it on the floor. Then I proceeded to put my full body on the mat and I just thought that might be all the stretching I might do. I was BEAT! It was a really amazing workout!
HAMS and GLUTES WORKOUT:
Smith Machine Squats - 3x8 70#
Seated Hamstring Curl - 3x12 75#
Butt Blaster - 3x12 60#
DB Deadlifts - 3x12 60#
Side Lying Leg Press - 3x10 20#
Weighted Jumps with Low Squat with 25# plate - 3x12 (OW!)
Single Leg Bench Squat with toes on plate - 3x10 bodyweight
Raised Shoulders Hip Thrusts with 35# plate - 3x12
I know the weight I'm pushing is not that much but I've been really concentrating on my form as much as I can. I feel I get much more out of it. Today I really slowed everything down and MAN OH MAN, did I feel it? LOVED my workout today! Really!
Meals from yesterday:
1) 1/2 scoop protein, 1/4 cup instant oats
2) Protein shake with 1 scoop protein, 1 orange
3) 5 egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal
4) 5 egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal
5) Asian Seafood Veggie Mix with 1/2 cup brown rice
6) Chocolate PB Protein Bar
7) Cottage Cheese Pancakes (1 scoop protein, 4 egg whites, 1/4 t baking soda, LOTS of cinnamon) with 2 T NuttZo!!
Today's meals have been:
1) 3 egg whites, 1/2 chicken sausage, 2 T light shredded cheese, salsa, side of 1/4 cup oatmeal with 1/2 orange & 1 T almond butter
2) Ice Blended "Mocha" (2-3 T DandyBlend, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1 cup almond milk, 10 ice cubes), 1/4 cup oatmeal with 1/2 orange, 1 oz cocoa almonds - this was the BEST meal I've had in a long time!!!!
3) same as Meal 1 minus the orange and almond butter
4-7) we'll see...no idea!
So here it is the middle of the week. Hope your week is going well. Mine is going along quite nicely. Looking forward to my 3-day weekend this weekend. Woohoo! Time to just relax and chill. May go back to the gym later for some cardio and maybe not. We'll see how I feel. I have a lot to do today too so I may not have time.
It's off to get some stuff done! Stay safe, warm, dry, and most importantly...HAPPY! After all, happiness is the stuff of life!
“The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be” ~Marcel Pagnol
No comments:
Post a Comment