So today was a hard day for me. I got a lot of good deep sleep last night and still woke up tired. I dragged myself to the gym. My head just wasn't in the game. I should have checked myself while I was still in bed and started with what I'm grateful for. But I didn't. I should have. But like I said, I didn't. So my day unfolded just the way I deserved. I wasn't grateful for being able to get out of bed and head to the gym. I wasn't grateful for my ability to walk around the gym and lift heavy weights and breathe and sweat. I wasn't grateful. I may have even forgotten to be grateful for my food and hot shower. It was just that kind of day. And, yes, normally I express gratitude for each of those things. I even forgot to be grateful that I have a job with a boss I respect and coworkers I mostly enjoy. So I failed myself today and my day went accordingly.
That being said when I got home I was feeling a little down and out and needed a little pick me up. So of course being the geek that I am I searched for that on my friend, the internet. And I found this video about Nick Vujicic. With over 3 million views you would think that I would have heard of it or watched it before. And maybe I have but if I have I honestly don't remember. Just thought I would share with all of you. Hope you like it and it inspires you to keep getting up and try again and again. ARE YOU GOING TO FINISH STRONG?
And there is also this video about him as well.
LESSON LEARNED: Be grateful EVERY single day!! Find those things in your life to be grateful for!! Do not forget to express gratitude to yourself, to others, to life, laughter, happiness, even your failures, trips and stumbles! Everything in my life is happening for a reason. My job is to be grateful for each and every moment - whether that be failure, success, a memory, laughter, sorrow, birth, death. It's all part of the plan. I just need to be grateful that I'm here to experience it. THANK YOU!
No comments:
Post a Comment