Friday, March 11, 2011

Hop on my energy wave!!!

WOOHOO!!!!! I don't know why but I'm all hyped up today! Wahoooooooooooooo!!!! Anyone care to join me? It's Friday after all so the weekend's here but I'm just wound up today. I mean I'm downright silly. Sorry for anyone that has to interact with me today.

Got up a little before 5 and headed into my kitchen. Made myself a yummy yummy spiced yam protein smoothie. DELISH!!! Then I headed out to the gym. Got in a fantastic shoulder workout! Yippee for me. I'm definitely in the right frame of mind for lifting right now though. I already knew yesterday that I was going to have a great workout today. Hmmm...mind over matter, right?

Then it was back home for my favorite meal of all - Arrowhead Mills Spelt Flakes cereal with milk, cut up nectarine, 1/4 cup walnuts. Mmm.....mmmm.......mmm....mmmmm...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!! I needed a little more protein so I had half a container of Voskos lowfat yogurt and added about 1 teaspoon of super sweet honey.

So, is it the fact that I've been in bed early each and every night this week that's giving me energy? Or could it be that I ate a lot of beef yesterday? That always helps my training go well. Whatever it is I wish I could bottle it for those days when I'm DRAGGING. Because to be honest, those days are NO fun!

Shoulder workout today:
Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press - 3x10 (negative focus) 25#
Single Arm Arnold Press - 3x8 20#
Single Side Lat Raise - 3x10 20# (pause at top)
Machine Shoulder Press Dropset - 5x5 60#, 50#, 40#, 30#, 20# - 1x10 pulses 10#
Super Set of Shoulder Press with Bar - 2x8 40#, 35# then rear delt flyes 1x10 10#
Prone Plate drags (maybe I should say foot drags) - 4x20 steps (on my hands)
Decline Ab Crunches with 10# plate - 3x20

That's about it. It was a great workout.

So today and every day make it your BEST day. Make what you do count. Love who you are and who you are becoming. You're alive and well so make the most of it!! Enjoy the energy of today, of life, and of living!!


Energy and persistence conquer all things. ~Benjamin Franklin

Energy is the essence of life. Every day you decide how you're going to use it by knowing what you want and what it takes to reach that goal, and by maintaining focus. ~Oprah Winfrey

No comments: