Sorry I've been MIA! I'm sure it must have been very hard for all of you to survive without my mostly daily posts but I'm back! LOL!! I just took a little time off from blogging but I'm back.
First of all, let's talk steak, shall we? I LOVE steak. In truth I don't eat it very often at all. I only eat it when I crave it which ends up being about once or twice a month but I love it a lot! I particularly love eating steak at a steakhouse when all you have to do is sit back, relax and enjoy the flavor and texture of a wonderful steak. With that being said it's unbelievable that I have NEVER been to Ruth's Chris since it is purported to have the best steak anywhere. Now I've been to Mastro's in Beverly Hills and Morton's downtown. Heck, I've even been to Three Forks in Dallas. Granted, I've never been to Cut in Beverly Hills but hey, I can't go everywhere, right? At any rate, Mastro's has long been my absolute favorite steak. And it is delicious but I must say...Ruth's Chris steaks are REMARKABLE! Yes, I enjoyed my steak that much! It was really delicious. Amazing, really! Beyond the steak, the next best part was what, you ask? Well, the BREAD of course. As most of you probably know I LOVE LOVE LOVE bread with butter. This place has such delicious, thin crust and super light bread served warm with the most whipped butter EVER! I ate the entire loaf by myself! I was happy, happy, happy! Great food and great company! It was a fantastic evening and incredible meal. Would I go back to Ruth's Chris for steak?!? Absolutely! That's an undeniable yes! It was DELISH!!!
I got in a killer leg workout again on Saturday. It was really great too. Also had a good arm workout on Friday. Still been knocking it out. My eating has been good. Not great but good.
Let me write briefly here about food, post-competition, and lifestyle, mindset, body image, etc. It has come to my attention that I may be a little mentally distorted in my thinking about my body, what is normal, what is not, what food to eat, how much, when to eat, macronutrients, etc. ever since my competition. First of all, don't get me wrong. I'm forever grateful that I did the competition. I really am. It's a (for me) once in a lifetime experience with a journey full of lessons learned for a lifetime. It is amazing every step (of the stepmill) of the way! It really is.
That being said, for someone that never had body image problems in the past, the competition has definitely given me that. And I really don't like it. So I've been stressing out about it and battling the weight gain. I have decided that all that mind battling is unnecessary. Yes, I have gained about 20 pounds since the competition. I would be okay with all that if I felt okay but honestly, I feel slightly too heavy, chunky, thick for even my style. I would like to be about 5 pounds lighter and that would be just about right. I know where I want my weight to sit and I will get there. In the meantime, I must accept where my body is right now and stop stressing. All this stressing has put weight around my middle since I'm sure my cortisol levels are up! But no more...CORTISOL BE GONE!!! LOL!!!
So my plan is to continue to eat right as I've been doing but to not weigh myself for at least 4 weeks and just feel my body and see what it wants or doesn't want. I think I may also try switching up my food a little as in less meals and increased size of meal. Or more of a setup like 3 main meals and 2-3 snacks depending on how I feel. But I'm really going to try to listen more to my body and see what it needs and what it's asking for. After all, your body is really good at telling you what you're missing if you'll just take the time to listen to it. Don't let the numbers dictate. Let the body dictate. That's my advice to myself and I'll keep you posted as to how that works for me. You'll all be the first to know!
Tomorrow it's back to business as usual. Today I'm just relaxing and revving up for the week. It's a great day for relaxing since it's very dark, gloomy and rainy out. Makes for a perfect "chill" kinda day! Get ready for Monday...it will be here sooner than we all think! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
2 comments:
I know how you feel about competing. I have never felt the same way about food and exercise since I starting competing. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so hard on myself. I find myself eating like I am prepping for a show all year! I love your blog btw!
Yes Deanna, exactly! It would be so nice to go back to where I really just enjoyed food for food and not for all its macronutrients! Glad you love my blog and thanks for reading it!
Post a Comment