How did you all fare this weekend? Was it a great weekend for you? I had a great weekend but was out late on Saturday night and that wreaks havoc on my sleep pattern for the entire week. Last night I was even in bed, lights out by about 10:00 but still was tired when I woke up. It's my own fault. I'm not young anymore and I feel it now when I stay out late. I PAY for it big time. But sometimes you just have to suck it up since you want to have a good time. It was fun! We went to hear Pato Banton again. It's just a fun, uplifting vibe. It didn't start till way late though (about 11:30 or so) and of course went till about 1 or maybe 1:30am! I am NOT 20 anymore! Hahaha!
I was up and shaping my shoulders bright and early though! Good job me! I've really noticed a difference in my hunger lately on mornings I lift. It really makes me much hungrier. I have to say that I'm really believing in EPOC (excess post-exercise oxygen consumption)! I definitely would have to agree with much of the research that weight training and HIIT is more effective on the "afterburn" than extended steady state cardio. It's just my opinion. There's a lot of research supporting both sides of this argument so I think it's just finding out what works for you, your body, your mind and your schedule.
More on my food from the weekend as well as today and Saturday's workouts later. Hope your week is starting off very well!
4 comments:
Yeah, it varies for me. I enjoy working out right after lunch which I can only do on the weekends because of work (boo). I enjoy weight lifting and HIIT much more than steady-state tho!
I'm with you. I prefer after lunch or actually around 2 or 3 for me is my best "lifting" time. Why does work have to interfere? Haha!
I know the feeling of not feeling young anymore! I try those late nights every once in a great while and then the next day remember why I don't do it anymore. It's twice as hard when you have to get up early with little kiddos! Hope you had a happy Easter!
Lisa, I can only imagine if I had kids! I would probably NEVER go out late at all! Glad you know where I'm coming from! Had a great Easter! Hope yours was great too. Have a good week!
Post a Comment