So after having yet another incredibly unproductive day today I've decided that it's time for me. Time to take a digital/electronic BREAK. I need it badly. I'm so wired that all I do is wired (or should I say wireless) type of activity almost all the time. I need a break. I need a break from the computer, the ipod touch, the texting, the emailing, blogging, tweeting, facebooking. Yep, the time has come. I know when I need a break and what I need a break from. And NOW is the time and any electronics is the "what".
So to any of you that regularly read my blog I apologize. I'll be back and I'm sure renewed and refreshed mentally. In the meantime I'm bound to get LOADS of stuff done so I'll have so MUCH to report when I come back.
My hiatus (or vow of digital silence) will be as follows:
Start date: June 2nd, 2011
End date: June 10th, 2011 (back to the digital world June 11th)
Items I will not be allowed to touch at home:
* TV
* computer
* ipod touch
* phone for texting/emailing/social media
Activities that are banned at home AND at work:
Facebook
Twitter
Words With Friends
Texting
TV
Internet Surfing
Emails (except necessities)
Online shopping (except necessities - probably there will be a Vitacost order placed somewhere in there ;-0)
YouTube
Okay, wow! Now that I read the list I wonder what exactly I'm going to do. This may be weird but I think I'll actually have time to read, write and enjoy some breathing in a quiet and peaceful environment. I will still be allowed to talk on my phone so those of you that want some one-on-one phone time, grab this opportunity and run with it!! (I'm sure now my phone will be ringing off the hook!!!!!)
This is certainly going to be a challenge for me but it will all be worth it in the end and I'll probably feel pretty relaxed and rejuvenated when it's all over. In the meantime I'll be able to figure out how much time exactly I should be spending on digital amusement anyway. Oh boy....I'm scared...heehee...no, seriously!
Everybody stay safe and watch over one another. I'll be back and we'll be headed in a new direction. THANKS for supporting me as you always do. I LOVE my readers!
3 comments:
You will be missed!
Awwww....thanks Donloree!
Enjoy the time off! We do get pretty consumed by electronics. I'm sure you'll be able to fill your time with many things :)
Post a Comment