Friday, June 17, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Yippee! I'm back in my place. Nice new floors (well, newly redone...let's not get ahead of ourselves here.) Nice fresh paint. It's great. Almost completely unpacked in about a day. That's pretty good. Feeling pretty tired now but LOVING that I'm back in my place. I love having my space, my place to do whatever I want.

My food has been way off as have my workouts. But I had to cut myself some slack since I wasn't in my own home, am still suffering with some pretty good elbow pain and yesterday my back was hurting. Today I feel better but I'm wiped out after going like a crazy maniac to finish unpacking. I just figured the sooner it was done the better. I have a couple more boxes to unpack. Then I just have to clean the new floors and clean my kitchen floor and then it really will be home sweet home! Yippee! Can't wait.

It's been nice to have my place redone and it looks really good. It's not like they laid a brand new floor but hey, it has character and it looks really good! And it's nice to have wood instead of carpet. It just feels cleaner. Yep, I"m liking my "new" place!

Onto other news...I don't know how many of you live in Cali but if you do you've undoubtedly heard about the 405 being shut down for an entire weekend. Ahahahahaha! Yeah, I think someone or several someones lost their minds with that one! One whole weekend of craziness. And yes, I thought that was bad but I didn't realize that the weekend before is the "Royal Visit" of Kate and Will! WHAT THE HELL?!? That's it! I'm going to just stay in my fancy new digs all through the month of July! It's going to be insane! How can a freeway that normally handles half a million cars in the 53 hours that it will be shut down survive? How are we, the people, expected to live and function?!? it's going to be absolute mayhem and pandemonium. And considering I live about say...oh...less than a football field away from the craziness my neighborhood should be nuts! As my friend said...time for some home projects. So it's great that my place will be all new and that way I can completely clean out any remaining cabinets and I will just be the most organized person this side of the Mississippi. Yep, it will be impressive!!!

That's about all the rambling I have for you now. I'm going to get it together over the weekend so watch out for Monday! It's going to be on! WOOT WOOT!!!!

“He is the happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home” 
~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

4 comments:

lizzyinsb said...

Erin, Glad to hear you are back home!
Oh the 405 craziness...I so don't miss that. I used to live right at the 10 and 405 interchange.
I feel bad for my sister and her family, they fly into LAX on the 16th and have to drive up to Santa Barbara that day...they are screwed. I'm supposed to drive down and see my trainer that day, but I'm hoping I can get into see her the day before!

Good luck!
Liz

Erin said...

Thanks Liz! Yes, it feels good to be home! ;-)
I feel so sorry for your sister! Any way she can come in on Friday? She should really try. Otherwise she may NEVER get to Santa Barbara! That's going to be insane. Hope you get to see your trainer on Friday so you don't have to deal with that traffic either. Utter chaos!

lizzyinsb said...

Unfortunately no, she's traveling from Maryland with three kids....I'm trying to talk her into taking a connecting flight. We'll see what happens.

Take care!

Erin said...

Oh, man! Poor thing! I feel so sorry for her. That's exactly what they're talking about in all the articles. Yes, it's fine for the locals to find out only a month before but for anyone that's coming on vacation they've been planning their vacations for several months and it's just not fair to them. Your sister's family is a case in point. Ridiculous! Hope it works out for her. Have fun with them when they DO get there!