You know how they talk about the keys to success? Well those keys, my dear friends, are NOT the keys I'm talking about here. I have keys to several people's homes that I have acquired in the last week. It's great. I have 3 new keys that I didn't have just one week ago. I could just run amok in L.A. and no one would know. It could be great! But unfortunately it all has to do with my floor redo. So much fun!
I'm still currently homeless (to be exact I am still without my OWN home), living out of several people's homes. I'm fortunate to have people that are taking care of me and letting me crash at their places. Thank you good people! But I really miss my "me" time, my down time, and my "I'm going to do whatever I want and no one will ever know" time!!! Particularly the last one! That's the one I miss most!!
I am trying to stay on track with my eating as much as possible but again that's hard when you're not in your own space and you thought you would be back in that space today. :-( No worries though. I'm just doing the best I can with what I've got. I eat better in a "controlled" environment...let's just say that. But this is life. And life isn't always smooth. It's a little bumpy at times and you appreciate the smoothness more after the bumps, right? I'm sure. I'll let you know after all this craziness is over and I'm back in my place with my "things".
I still got my workout in at 5:30 this morning so GOOD JOB ME!!!! I'm still sore from Friday's workout but not as badly as I was on Saturday and Sunday. My elbow is still bothering me and all the moving and not having my own place, stuff, remedies isn't really helping. But onward and upward. It's the only way to go.
My workout this morning was lower stress than my workout Friday. I wanted to do some higher reps and less weight to give my body a break while still keeping it alive. It worked out well. Mostly bodyweight lower body and some weights upper body. I also found out today that I can't do assisted pull ups with my elbow feeling the way it does. DANG! I just want all my body parts to function well together. I'm glad I have the ones functioning that I do. That's all I can ask for for now.
I've got a batch of Jamie Eason's Meatloaf Muffins in the oven along with a white sweet potato and purple yam. I've never tried either of those but thought I would try them since I saw them at the Asian market. I love the Asian market field trips. They're awesome! So much to see and try! Half the time I have no idea what I'm eating but that's okay. I don't think it will kill me. OH MY GOODNESS! They had a bread there that I MUST and WILL have at some point. It was like a huge danish and it was called Coconut Milk Butter Bread. Let's break that down...First, coconut milk - need I say more? I mean the creamy sweetish goodness that just makes everything taste better. Second, butter - yep, that's my friend for sure! I've written about it on numerous occasions like here and here. And finally, bread. Mmmmmmm...WHOA! I just drooled on the keyboard. So imagine this soft danish style bread with sliced almonds on top. Holy cow! DYING to try but I think I have to have a good 4 weeks of eating right and working out before I deserve it.
The meatloaf muffins are out. I realize now that NO, I didn't put the oats in! Aargh! They still look surprisingly good though. I'll let you know how they taste. I'm just waiting on the sweet potato and yam so I'm going to read something. Then it's off to slumber land if I want to get some workout in tomorrow. So until tomorrow or whenever I find myself back here again, have a nice evening. Hope your week is off to a great start! Goodnight! Sweet dreams!
2 comments:
Sorry to hear you are still not back in your place! And I'm drooling just reading about that coconut milk butter bread! I <3 coconut milk!!
Thanks Liz! And, yes, I know about the coconut milk butter bread. I mean...COME ON! It sounds ridonculous! ;-)
Post a Comment