Monday, November 1, 2010

Hi. I'm Erin and I'm a bread and butter addict...

Well, see, this is what happens when you eat off plan for too many meals. You just derail entirely I think. So over the weekend I went to San Diego. It took me THREE AND A HALF HOURS to get there!! It was ridiculous! I love Southern California! I really do but it was a Friday afternoon and there was a major wreck on the freeway I was on so there you have it. Such is life!

So today I got up early to work out and headed to the gym. I did some heavy ham and glute work! It was fantastic since I hadn't been in the gym for 2 days and also because I ate red meat yesterday. Whenever I eat red meat I can really pump it out the next day. It's always my best weight workout!! My food was great today up until a certain point. Let me explain.

You see, I went to my workout this morning and then when I returned home I cooked up my 10-egg pancake for 2 meals. Then I went for my oats to make those but guess what? Only 1/4 cup was left and NO other container!!!! ARGH!!!!! I was so, so sad so I ate my 1/4 cup and then also had some brown rice cereal. It wasn't oatmeal though. I can tell you that much!!!

So for my workout:
Lying Ham Curl (glute focus) 3x10
Butt Blaster 3x12 then 10 pulses on last set
Straight Leg Deadlift on cable 3x15
Bulgarian Split Squat w/ 10# plate 3x15
SM Squats 3x15
Superset with Sissy Squat pulses 3x15
Straight Leg Lift w/ Ball off end of bench 3x10
Lying Ham Curl (ham focus) 3x12

Then it was 15 minutes jump rope. And just because I'm so proud of myself there were a lot of double jumpers in that little routine. I would jump for at least 100 then rest 30-60 seconds and go again. It was GREAT! I'm really, really loving the jump rope!

Meals: (Ain't accountability awesome? hee hee!)
1) 1/4 cup oatmeal w/ pomegranate seeds and cranberries...yummmm, 3/4 cup brown rice cereal with almond milk, 5 egg whites
2) 5 egg whites, 2 slices Ezekiel with 1 T peanut butter and 1 t honey
3) Cranberry Orange Protein Shake, 1 cup puffed kamut
4) 3 oz tilapia, 1 rice cake
5) 1 bowl chicken noodle soup (from my favorite grocery store where they make it fresh with yummy herbs), about 6 or 7 slices of Brea Bakery Olive bread...with....BUTTER!!
6) After reading this, I guess it's going to be a pumpkin souffle and a mighty green smoothie!!!!

Oh, man, I am TOO much!!! TOO funny! I can't believe I ate that much bread. It was literally about a half a loaf! I am AWESOME!!! Not everyone can throw down like I do. I don't even know what got into me except that I'm REALLY super tired and therefore making bad decisions. I'm going to sleep soon though so I'll be better tomorrow. What a great way to ring in a new month. November...I salute you...with a LOAF of bread!!!!! Hahahahahaha!!!!!! Oh boy, I'm losing it!!

I think the one thing that kind of struck me this weekend is always remember where you came from, who you were and how you grew into the person you are today. And don't step on people on your climb to the top. One false move and you could go tumbling right off that golden staircase!!! Well, I guess that's 2 things but you know what I mean!!

1 comment:

Angela said...

hi erin :) missed ya!

looks like you had fun on saturday! Im waiting for more pics :)