Okay...wow! This was so much better than I had planned that I thought I would share it with you. Whenever I don't feel like I've gotten in enough veggies for the day I head to the Mighty Green Smoothie. Believe me, if you've never tried it you definitely should. It sounds weird and not very tasty but it's really good actually! This one, tonight, however was VERY DELISH!!! Here's how it went down...
1/2 avocado (Thanks Deb!!)
2 stalks celery
1 green bell pepper
2 cups spinach
4 ice cubes
1 scoop unflavored protein powder
2-3 drop stevia
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup aloe vera juice
1/2 cup water
3 stems of mint (leaves only)
Throw it in the blender and voila!! I love the mighty green smoothie because it's a great way to use those veggies that really aren't crispy anymore that are supposed to be. I would have thrown in a cucumber or 2 if I had them but I didn't. I love that I live in California and have friends with all kinds of fruit trees. This week I have received free (grown on friends and coworkers trees) 3 pomegranates, 5 avocados, 2 mangoes, and many persimmons! Lucky me! Thanks to all of you that contributed to my eating frenzy! LOL!
2 comments:
ok, you are right Sounds freakish! Perhaps I will give it a try though. I don't know if I can do half an avocado on my plan though!!! I will keep you posted. :)
LOL! Yes, freakish indeed but really tasty! Let me know if you try it!
Post a Comment