Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thursday is almost over...I'm tired...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I was up and at 'em this morning and up to my usual antics. Hit the gym at about 5:45 or so and did bis and tris and then went CRAZY with the jump rope. I don't know what it is about that thing but I think I have a little addiction with it! Hee hee! Weird, huh? I think I'm just a jumper. I've always liked jumping. It's just more fun than staying on the ground, don't you think? Probably not. A lot of people don't like to be jumping or off the ground but I, for one, LOVE it! Call me weird. Call me crazy.

For some reason I didn't work out fasted today. I woke up and felt the need for fuel so I ate at about 5:15 or so. Just 1/2 scoop or protein and 1/4 cup oats. I think that worked out well for me today though. Maybe that's what gave me that extra umph while I was jumping rope?

So my workout:
3 sets of 21's with 8# dumbbells
SS with DB triceps ext 8# 3x12

Concentration curls 15# 3x10
SS with overhead tri ext 25# 3x12

Triceps pushups off DB 3x12
SS w/ rockets (abs)

Bicep cable curls EZ bar 30# 3x15
SS w/ hanging leg raise 3x24 (8 front, 8 left, 8 right)

Finished off with 20 minutes jump rope combining all kinds of things (all in sets of 100 minimum):
regular jumps
side to side (ski)
20 sideways to left then 20 to right
jump front and back
jumping jack
jump backwards across room
run forwards
run in place
combo - 8-10 moving backwards, 2-3 to turn a quarter turn, 8-10 moving right 2-3 quarter turn, 8-10 moving forward, 2-3 quarter turn, 8-10 moving left - this was fun and confusing to my mind!
DOUBLE JUMPS!!! - Okay...almost gave up on the double jumps but glad I didn't because I finally got them going on my third try! Even got in a few single double combos (about 3 at a time!!) Yeah for me!!!!

Food was kinda interesting today since I started out so early:
1) 1/2 scoop protein, 1/4 cup oats
2) Yam smoothie w/ 1 scoop protein and 4 oz yam - oh so tasty!!!! LOVE it! and 1 1/2 T NuttZo
3) Interesting combo...Heated 1/4 cup applesauce and 1/2 cup kabocha, added 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 1/2 cup Kashi Go lean Crunch - This was quite tasty and texturey! LOL! That's not a word!
4) 1 cup lentil soup, 2 Jamie Eason Chicken Meatloaf Muffins, Roasted veggies
5) Turkey Taco Burrito? - DELISH! - 1 spelt tortilla, 4 oz turkey taco meat, Roasted veggies, 1 oz Pepper Jack almond cheese
Dessert was homemade sugar free hot chocolate - YUM! - Just heat 8 oz Unsweetened vanilla almond breeze and then add 1 tablespoon cocoa powder and 2-4 packets stevia. Mix well and enjoy!
6) Spaghetti squash w/ 4 oz shrimp and 1/2 T olive oil
6 1/2) 3 prunes, 2 brown rice & buckwheat crackers (great deal - only 35 calories and 7.5 g carbs per 2 crackers!)
7) Going to be 1 Jamie Eason Chicken Meatloaf Muffin and a mighty green smoothie, dessert of pumpkin pie souffle w/ 1 t coconut oil & 1/2 T almond butter - 'cause tonight's gonna be a good night...'cause tonight's gonna be a good, good night!!!!!

So, it's Meal #7 for me and SUPER early to bed for me too! This girl needs her zzzzzzzzzzzzz. That's all there is to it! Goodnight all. Sleep well and I'll catch up with you tomorrow!!!


Men are like the stars; 
some generate their own light while others reflect the brilliance they receive. 
~Jose Marti

No comments: