Monday, November 22, 2010

BACK in the gym...oh, and superset plyo legs with that!!

So I'm back at it and LOVING my workouts. So so glad I took a break! If you ever question if you need a break...probably you do! That's the lesson I learned here. Wow! It makes such a difference. Now I feel energized, creative and focused. I LOVE it!!

Started out this morning with my 5:30am workout! When I do circuits or weights in the morning now I've decided I need to eat something so I've been eating a protein shake and 1/4 cup oats. However, this morning did I do that? NO! Oops! I forgot! Well, I remembered while I was warming up but just couldn't bring myself to get bundled up to go back out to my car. It was COLD this morning...brrrrrrrrr! LOL! Anyway on to my workout...an oldie but a goody. Here is what it was!

BACK AND PLYO LEGS SUPERSETS
All back exercises were sets of 12 and the plyos were sets of 20 (or 10 each side)
3 of each Superset:
Wide grip lat pulldown
SS w/ jump squats

Underhand grip bentover row
SS w/ jumping split lunges

One arm row
SS w/ straddle jump up onto board (10 staying low in squat basically and 10 with height - getting air)

Seated cable row
SS w/ straightleg deadlift with plate (only 15 NOT 20)

Lat pulldown with rope
SS w/ side step squats returning to center each time

So it was a little bit of a struggle to get through with my lack of fuel but I managed and had a shake directly after leaving the gym! Now I'm headed into Meal #2 and right back on track I am. I LOVE taking a break! I really do!

Oh, and  just thought I would let you know about how my weight was affected through my break and until today. I purposely didn't weigh myself during my break but when I was finished I did and it was 138. No big deal since I was sitting at about 136 before my break. But the next day I weighed myself again and it was 140! Small minute of panic and then reminded myself that I had gone back to the gym and my muscles were probably holding a lot of glycogen, etc, etc and I talked myself down off of THAT particular ledge! This morning I was feeling tighter again and more back to my normal self so I thought I would weigh again which I won't do now for another week and it was 134. Whew! Back to normal. And again these weights were taken Saturday, Sunday, and Monday...and THAT'S why weight is a tricky thing. Do you really think I lost 6 pounds yesterday? I think not!

Have a great short week and I hope you all are ready for Thanksgiving. I'm going to THROW DOWN!!!!! I LOVE Thanksgiving and I eat more than I should and I really don't care because it's only once a year that I eat pretty much all those foods so I'm okay with all that. So delicious and such a great day in general. For me Thanksgiving is all about food, football, and food comas!!! ENJOY!

Giving thanks this week so I'll start with my friends. Any of you that are my friends, the above quote is for you. Thanks for being my friend and supporting me through my competition journey and way, way beyond!!

No comments: