Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Taking a break is...weird? odd? strange? GREAT!!!

As much as I know I need a break I'm feeling kind of weird about my break. I don't know how to describe it. I know I need it for several reasons but it's an odd feeling just the same. See, my body has let me know it needs a break and my mind is in the same position. I need a break from everything so I'm "on vacation" this week from everything. I'm not logging every piece of food that goes in my mouth. I'm not planning every single meal ahead of time. I'm not planning my workouts or even if I'm going to work out. Just taking it day by day and minute by minute. It's nice in some ways and in others it almost feels too "free"!!

It's also giving me the mental break I need before I come back strong in preparation for the holidays!! Oh yes, that is always a little challenging but I've got it down. I'll be logging, training, cardio and all that at pretty much max effort up until and right through the holidays so come January 1st, 2011, I'll be spot on and feeling good. It's the only way. And now...ACCOUNTABILITY!!! Since I just broadcast my plan I guess I have to stick with it. You'll all keep me straight. And I thank you for that!

I have had some tasty things this week as far as food is concerned. I created that Cocoa Rum Protein Truffle recipe last night. It was a little confusing to figure out at first but boy was it worth it!!!! They are sooooo delicious! I also made a roasted veggie soup. Very tasty. I'll post that recipe soon. I took a break from my usual morning eggs and oats. I had some eggs and cereal one morning. I've been eating some Shake Cake for my 2nd meal every day and I'm loving that! I still have some leftover beef (kyinkyinga) from the weekend and BBQ'd veggies. So I've just been switching things up all over the place. Oh, and I also made some tahini dressing that my friend made for me and put that on some kale with some chicken. VERY tasty! I'll post that recipe too because it's awesome.

At any rate, I'm loving my "vacation" and getting excited to get back in the gym!! Hope everyone is having a great week!!!!

No comments: