I ate pretty well today and then I got attacked by yumminess at the Farmers Market. I bought all kinds of great tasty things. I started out with just celery, cauliflower and cilantro. The fine lady at the stand threw in a bunch of basil too. Thank you farmers market stand lady. Then I bought some lentil soup to have whenever. It was tasty. Yes, buying soup when it's about 100 degrees outside!! Good choice! LOL! But it IS supposed to cool down soon so I'm sticking with that idea. I also bought some Korean items - seaweed salad and spicy codonopsis. Now this may sound yucky and weird and oddly enough I never had this growing up. I just looked it up on the internet though and it has some very good things to say about it - invigorates spleen and liver function, excellent blood tonic, and major immune system tonic. Fascinating! Then I headed over to the Greek stand and picked up REAL pita (oh boy is their pita good!), jalapeno hummus, babaganoush (eggplant dip/spread), and taramosalata (whipped roe dip/spread). Yeah, it was a scary trip to the farmers market and now I remember why I don't go to that particular farmers market. Too many prepared foods and not enough raw. Oh well. It was fun all the same and now I have some fun things to eat. Yippee!!
So my meals:
1) 2 cups puffed kamut, 1 scoop protein, 1/2 banana, 2 T walnut pieces
2) 5 egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal w/ 1/2 banana & 1 T walnuts
3) 5 egg whites in seaweed tacos!, 1/2 cup oatmeal
4) Traci's Thai Chicken (recipe below and YUM!), 1/2 cup brown rice
5) 1 1/2 pita bread, 2 T jalapeno hummus, 2 T taramosalata, 2 T babaganoush
6 & 7) to be determined
I did heavy shoulders this morning as well as bis and abs. It was a great workout. Amazing what 2 days of rest and 1 workout day does for your strength!!! Hahahahaha!!!!!! No, really, I haven't taken that much time off or training for a long time and I think my body liked it.
I'm off for the evening! Have a nice night and I'll see you tomorrow. Well...you know what I mean!!
Traci's Thai Chicken
4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1 cup salsa
2 T peanut butter
2 T lime juice
1 T low sodium soy sauce
1 T minced fresh ginger
1 cup salsa
2 T peanut butter
2 T lime juice
1 T low sodium soy sauce
1 T minced fresh ginger
Chili garlic sauce to taste
Place chicken in crock pot, combine all ingredients except chili garlic sauce and pour over chicken. Cook on LOW 6-8 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours. When done cooking, top chicken with chopped fresh cilantro and chili garlic sauce.
No comments:
Post a Comment