Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Shake Cake from Figure Athlete website

Stems from Figure Athlete's website posted this recipe. I hadn't made this for a long time but made it on Sunday and have been eating it all week. YUMMY!
 
Shake Cake

2.5 scoops vanilla protein (I use Beverly Int'l - Muscle Provider)
1.5 cups raw oats
3 egg whites or(3/4 cup whites)
1.5 cups crushed pineapple (in its own juice)
1/3 cup no sugar added apple sauce
4 T chopped walnuts (sometimes I omit this)
1 T baking powder (I omit this sometimes too)
1/2 T cinnamon (or more)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (or more)

Spray baking pan, mix above and pour into pan and bake at 350 for about 20-30 mins. I usually use this recipe for a cake so the above breaks down into 4 servings in an 8x8 pan.

For variety or for extra carbs, add 1 peeled and sliced apple (peel and slice apple and in small bowl sprinkle 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 packet splenda over the apples,spread 1/2 of the batter mix into the pan and layer 1/2 of the apples, then pour the rest of the batter in and top with the remaining slices of apples and bake as instructed above).

No comments: