Friday, June 4, 2010

Step By Step

So, it's so great that I improved my relationship with the stepmill. Yep, we're TIGHT now! We're just buddy buddy. I had a split cardio workout today - half this morning then the other half after training. It was great. Let me just say that 30 and 20 minutes goes by A LOT faster than 45 minutes. It was nice for a change. Variety is key, right?

I was thinking about that when I was on my second round of stepmill today. Even though I miss the variety of workouts I used to have at least within my workouts there is still a great deal of variety so that is really helpful to my mental state. Yes, I miss the outdoors. That's to be expected I think. Who wouldn't? The outdoors do wonders for you. So I've made a little pact with myself to at least go for a stroll once a week outside somewhere. Luckily I have a nice neighborhood so I can even just walk around my 'hood. I will try to get to the beach though because there's that therapy of the ocean. I just LOVE it! So to keep your head in the game of bettering your body, remember variety! If you can then change WHAT you do. But if you have some more specific goal, as is my case, then change HOW you do what you do! That's an important point indeed! Your body and mind always need new stimulation to grow. Change whatever you can. For example if you can only walk on a treadmill for whatever reason then maybe vary the incline and speed, maybe do some HIIT (high intensity interval training) for a shorter period of time. If you can do anything, try all the machines. You can even do them all in one workout, maybe just 10 minutes on 3 different machines. Keeps the body and mind stimulated and wards off boredom.

My meals today:
1) Spelt flakes with protein powder "milk" made with my delicious Paradise Green Tea from Lupicia and some yogurt with cinnamon
2) Egg whites with oil-free tabouli and oatmeal
3) Ground turkey, shrimp and tomatoes with brown rice and jalapenos :-)
4) Same as Meal 1 minus the yogurt
5) Salad with Scallops and oil-free balsamic vinaigrette
6) Pork tenderloin and green beans and on the side a tablespoon of Nuttzo!
7) Will be Veggie egg white omelette and some almonds

Today as I said earlier I had cardio in the morning and then after work I had shoulders, tris and abs followed by some more cardio. I actually really enjoyed all my workouts today!

I was in bed last night at 9:15pm reading my book and then lights out shortly after! That must be why I felt great for my workouts today. So again I will be doing this tonight. So off I go to eat and then it's to bed.

Enjoy this video. Not a great video but great lyrics!!! And so appropriate for me on the STEP mill!!




Until tomorrow! Love yourself and share that with others in ANY capacity you can!


Growth is an erratic forward movement: two steps forward, one step back. Remember that and be very gentle with yourself. ~Julia Cameron 

No comments: