Sunday, June 6, 2010

14 WEEKS OUT!!! (Also known as 2 weeks in...)




I'm cruising right along with my prep here. Things are going along quite well. You know what I had for dinner on Friday night? PIZZA!!!! MMMMMMMM...





Okay, no it's not really pizza but this was really good! I made my egg whites and then topped those with some zucchini and mushroom saute and then added my oil-free tabouli on top!!! Soooooo delish! Really, really great flavor!

Yesterday was interesting. I went to do my morning workout and then headed into some Laundry Room Battle. The thing is that it wouldn't have been a battle if someone (let's just call them an idiot) hadn't washed...WHAT...a down pillow, comforter...something!!! Feathers EVERYWHERE!!!! Not noticing this at first since the barrel of the washing machine is grey I put my $1.25 in but as soon as the water started filling, here came the feathers and the more it agitated, the more feathers! Needless to say I was NOT going to put my laundry in there so then we're down to ONE washing machine so I just did ONE batch of laundry. I couldn't deal with the Laundry Room Battle. Nope!

Other than that yesterday went well and I had a GREAT workout in the afternoon and pretty much killed my legs after with my bike sprints. I like doing those though. They are fun.

I got my plan for this week from Gina and she's ramping it up! I've got more cardio but at least it's split between morning and night. Yeah! Apparently my training (weights) will be the same through most of the prep she said so that's good.

I've started being better at getting to sleep earlier and it really seems to make a HUGE impact on my workout and how difficult it does or doesn't feel. Sleep is a great thing!

So my goal for this week is to continue my fabulous job of following my meal plans to a T!! Also, to continue to be in bed on time - 9 and 9:30 at the latest! The hardest part about that is getting in my last meal in good enough time before I go to sleep. We don't need a reason for indigestion now, do we?

I went to the farmers market this morning as well as did my cardio. Luckily one of the stepmills opened up right after I got to the gym! Yeah! I have to get to Trader Joe's for some regular ol' staples like fish, shrimp, scallops, eggs...you know...the USUAL! It's a good thing that even though it's the usual I have an arsenal of recipes to keep it interesting. I think if I didn't I couldn't stick with the plan...REALLY!

Oh! And my Meal 3 today was this...Chicken tacos (with ground chicken) with pico de gallo and shredded cabbage on Ezekiel tortillas (the small ones)! DELISH!!!!! Here's how I did it!

1) Ezekiel Tortillas - put on plate and cover with slightly moist paper towel and microwave about 30 seconds.

2) Add ground chicken spiced with Mrs. Dash Chipotle seasoning
3) Add shredded cabbage
4) Add pico de gallo (recipe on RECIPE page)
Before folding and devouring...
Mmmm....see what I mean? FINAL PRODUCT...DELISH!!!
So there you have it...one really delicious meal! Really it's not that hard to eat this way. You just have to find the recipes that work for you.

I'm off to the store and then cooking, cooking, cooking!

Have a great rest of your weekend!


“One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating.” -Luciano Pavarotti

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,

Now I see the pictures! They weren't loading onto my blackberry. Once again. Amazing dishes. 2 weeks in. Keep going! Keep being strong! 14 weeks will fly by and we are so excited for your victory.

Favorite lines:

"okay, no it's not really pizza."

"Laundry Room Battle."

Until your next motivating blog...xoxo

Erin said...

Hee hee! Thanks Angel! I just love the support you always give me! You're the best! 13 and a half weeks now! Woohoo!!!!!