Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Pico De Gallo Recipe

I wanted something spicy to put on my egg whites so I made some pico de gallo. I made it the other day but had taken out almost all the seeds and membrane (the heat) but today I put the heat back in and maybe a little too much because my tongue is still en fuego (on fire)!

 Pico de Gallo

2 roma tomatoes, chopped
1 very small red onion, chopped finely
1/2 jalapeno (seeds and membrane to desired heat), chopped very finely
2 T cilantro, chopped
sea salt

Mix all ingredients. Add salt to taste. Make sure to add enough salt since it definitely makes a difference in the flavor!

Put it on anything you want - eggs, fish, chicken...anything! Enjoy!


Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity.  ~Voltaire 

No comments: