Saturday, June 12, 2010

13 WEEKS OUT!!!

Started this Thursday night!
So today my energy level was better than yesterday and I actually finished my workout feeling pretty strong tonight. That's a good sign. My legs were pretty sore from yesterday's workout! I NEED A TAN!!! WHEW! I wore shorts to workout tonight and I look ridiculously pale. You would think there's no yellow in me whatsoever...just plain ol' white! That's all I could see is white...pale...white...pale! LOL! So I decided that to go along with my goal of doing one thing a week outside of the gym (i.e. stroll in my 'hood, go to the beach, head to the Getty, etc.) I will try to get to the beach for some sunshine! Yes, I need and want it!!

Continuing Saturday morning:
I met with my coach yesterday. It's been a little under 3 weeks since I last saw her. She was very impressed with my progress so I am impressed as well! I've shrunk in all my measurements since my last visit. It's significant. She just kept saying "wow" while she was measuring me. We worked on my posing pretty much the whole time. I seem to have some kind of issue with my shoulder so I definitely need to work on that. I found this great video series that addresses part of my problem (sitting at a desk all day long) and this is it: Shoulder Pain Treatment Series. I did all these exercises this morning. My rear delt is super duper double looper tight! Really tight and that was painful. I'm going to try to get on the tennis ball again this afternoon and see if I can get more of a release. It was so painful that it was hard to stay long enough for the release!

So yesterday was a challenge for me since I knew I was basically going to be on the road all day and I had to pack ALL of my food. But I did it and did it well!!! Thank you very much! I ate my first 2 meals at home so that was good. Then I packed the rest - fish, fish, turkey taco meat, pico de gallo, tortilla "chips" from Ezekiel tortillas, caponata without oil, protein shake, rice cake w/ Nuttzo, olive oil...I think that was about it. A lot of planning but it worked great and I stayed on my plan, got to see Gina and also got to see some friends that I haven't seen for a LONG time so it was a great day if not exhausting! Drove home later and still had to do my cardio which I finished kind of late and then ate another 2 meals before going to sleep!

Slept a little longer this morning so I've had to tighten up my eating schedule to every 2 hours but that's okay. No big deal. Gina already gave me my plan for the next week. It's so awesome that she gives me a new plan each week. I don't even have to think about what I'm going to eat or do at the gym. I just have to follow directions. Apparently I'm pretty good at that. As I told her it's been simple, not EASY but definitely simple! And it's very rewarding to make such constant improvements and see such gains both physically and mentally! I'm very happy I decided to do this competition and take this journey. It is DEFINITELY paying off.

I need to go eat again but I'll check in again later or tomorrow if time gets away from me. Have a fantastic day!!! Enjoy your weekend.

  
“Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.” ~Winston Churchill (British Orator, Author and Prime Minister during World War II. 1874-1965)


No comments: