Sunday, June 27, 2010




After a rough start to my week I'm glad to say I'm back in the swing and having a great weekend. So far so good. I even got a little R&R with a friend of mine yesterday just hanging, talking, laughing. It was nice to not be cooking, cleaning or working out. AND I got my hair cut...well, trimmed I guess. I look awesome! LOL!!!

Funny story: My friend and I were in Coffee Bean yesterday and in walks this person that we both definitely know so we decide she must be one of our patients since that's the common ground my friend and I have. So my friend goes up to her and asks her if she's a patient at our office. She says very haughtily, "I don't even know Dr. So-and-so." And proceeds to march off. Later we realized that she looked familiar because she's a supermodel! Yep, it was Rachel Hunter!!! Too funny. Not a very nice person. I'm sure she gets tired of being a celebrity but she was unnecessarily rude.

I was on the stepmill early this morning, around 6:30 or so and I was wondering how much more cardio I'm doing now than when I started with Gina in January. Guess what? In January I was doing 240 minutes a week and now I'm doing 380!!! WOW!! That's a lot! No wonder I have no "free" time per se. Since the beginning of my prep 5 weeks ago I'm doing 70 more minutes a week. Yep! That's right!

Today was the first day in a long time that I got to eat fruit...granted it was only 1/2 a cup of berries but I put it in my shake with some almond butter (1 tablespoon) and it was so delicious. I was trying to figure out how to lick the inside of my fairly skinny glass. It was funny! And then I went on to practically licking out the blender. In fact I got to the blades and almost licked them without thinking! Luckily my brain kicked in and I didn't do it but yes, it was that tempting. A week of no fat and no fruit and then to have both in one meal. Apparently it makes a girl lose her mind!!!!

I know I owe you all some recipes and I'm going to get them up here in a minute. I've come up with a couple that I think you'll like and I'm also going to let you in on my little "secret" online recipe that is to die for!! RICH, you're definitely going to want to try this...Chocolate Protein Cake!!

I'm going to try to be better about sharing my diet and workout with all of you. I just feel so busy and I'm trying to not be on my computer as much so that kind of is a problem.

I'm off to the store then cooking and hopefully done a little early so I can enjoy a little more free time later today before Monday sets in!!

Have a great rest of your weekend!!! Enjoy! Live, breathe, laugh, and love!


 

“The person who knows how to laugh at himself will never cease to be amused.” ~Shirley MacLaine

 

 

No comments: