Saturday, May 8, 2010

Saturday's here! Yippee! Be the person you want to be!!

Yesterday my legs were very fatigued, not even sore really so much as just fatigued. That's good and means I'm doing the right thing. I can't believe how much better I feel than just a mere 8 months ago. All the pain that I was experiencing is basically gone. Yes, I still have pain because, after all, I'm not 20 anymore! Or even 30! Or 40 per se! Yes, you get older but you get to be a much healthier, better you. I was up and at 'em this morning but not as early as usual, didn't get to the gym till 6:45! Wow! Super late for me but I had a great treadmill workout (45 minutes on 15% incline at 4.6-4.8) and felt good. I'll be going back today to work my buns and hams! Yep, still trying to get my butt up and out! LOL!!!

I was listening to the Black Eyed Peas this morning and the beginning of their Boom Boom Pow song. This is what it says, "There's nothing to fear. Everything around you is changing. Nothing stays the same. This version of myself is not permanent. Tomorrow I will be different. The energy never dies. Energy cannot be destroyed or created. It always is and it always will be." I particularly like the 2 lines that say that this version of myself is not permanent and tomorrow I will be different. Wow! So true. I guess sometimes that just really hits home. I love that you can change yourself every day. You can recreate yourself everyday so just decide today who you're going to be, what you're going to believe and be that person today. Be someone that you love today.

Keep in mind all day long the person you want to be. Do you want to be a negative, bitchy, rude asshole? I think not so take actions today that support who you want to be. I'm pretty sure if you put thought into it then you will have words in your description of yourself today that are very positive. Some words to describe me today are giving, caring, happy, successful, loving, accomplished. I have a vision of who I am today and that gives me a great amount of energy to help me be that person today. I know I can't do it every day and I'm by no means perfect at all but I really like the person I'm becoming and I think so much of that has to do with the positivity I'm experiencing in my life and all around me. My coach has an EXTREME amount of positivity. She's not a "rose-colored glasses" person but a realistic person that knows we are all human and we have our faults and make mistakes but if we strive to be a better person than we were yesterday, we will surely become more and more like that person we want to be.

No, it's not an easy road but it's something that I've definitely seen the results of. When I let my day define me, I'm not the person I want to be. However, when I define me, I become the person I want to be and my day goes accordingly. So important! We all know that we become our thoughts so it's very important to be that person today. Don't let your day direct you, YOU direct YOU! Others' actions are just that...OTHERS! Don't let them ruin your day, change your happiness, and bring you down. If they're getting in the way of being the person you want to be today then ignore what they have to say and understand that their unhappiness, sadness, bitterness is all a product of their thinking...DON'T let it take you down! Keep with your thoughts on improving YOU! You'll thank yourself later, believe me!!

So, who are you going to be today, tomorrow, this week, this month, this year? Think about it, write it down, recite it and take actions in accordance with that vision of who you are and where you want to be. If we all be the person that we want to be this is going to be some fantastic world to live in. Be positive! Be happy! Give others some of your joy and keep some for yourself! It's going to be a great Saturday and weekend! Enjoy it!

“Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.” ~Mahatma Gandhi

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are right. Great entry. I love that concept. I will follow it. YOU direct You. Amazing. Thanks for putting me back on the right track. I have a lot of "people" distractions." You are always there to point me in the right direction. Love, Angel