Thursday, May 13, 2010

Okay, let me just say it . . . I'M HUMAN!!!!

Oh Lord! Yes, it's true. Yesterday I was very human. I ate my 5th meal around 4:30 or so but when I got home I was craving sweets...really craving them. So guess what? Lucky for me I had some Ghirardelli chocolate chips in my cupboard and so I ate a small handful. And then I relaxed since I didn't have weights yesterday. And then I was so relaxed that I went right back to the cupboard about 5 or 10 minutes later to have another handful! I am awesome! Then I went on to eat some other fine items like Gushi Kalbi Plate (BBQ beef rib with rice, kimchee, salad) and of course I ordered some kochuchung (spicy red bean paste) all from Gushi Korean BBQ in Westwood. I'm really just writing all this so you all will know that yes, I am human. As much as it pains me to say it apparently it is true!!! LOL!

Then since I was doing such a bangup job with my diet I also stayed up super late and I think finally went to bed at 11:30! What in the WORLD is wrong with me?!? I'm crazy! That's all! So when I finally went to sleep at that, for me for now, ungodly hour I told myself that if I wake up before my 5:10am alarm I will get up and go workout and if I don't I'll just have to do it after my workout. I was quite all right with that decision since I was pretty certain that I wouldn't wake up. But...guess what happened? Yep! 5:05 I was awake! Well, I made a deal with myself didn't I? So I had to be true to myself and follow through on my promise to myself so I did it...I got up, got out of bed, got dressed and...headed to the gym like a good little soldier! I did my treadmill workout - 45 minutes on 15% incline at 4.6-4.8. Yes, I was speedy this morning.

I'm just finishing up at work, have my leg workout tonight and then it's off to bed early! I won't be back on here tonight since I know I have to get my rest so I'm on "restriction" tonight from electronic devices! LOL!! Make it a great evening everyone! This quote seemed appropriate, not for my failure, just for my detour!



 “Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.” ~Denis Waitley (American motivational Speaker and Author of self-help books. b.1933)

No comments: