Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Less than 2 weeks till go-time!!

So 2 weeks from yesterday I go into full-on contest prep mode. Apparently it won't be all that different than what I've been doing up to this point. At least that's what my coach says. I believe that's probably true. I'm sure you'll all know all about it since I'll be posting my way through my journey!

First of all, I just got handed a HUGE compliment by a friend of mine that reads my blog. She said "I love your blog. It is very motivational." And to all of you that read my blog, I'm so grateful, really. I just never thought I would really impact people but I can say that I have and I'm really proud of that. You really never know who's life you will impact by something you say or do. That's why you always have to remember to say and do things for yourself that resonate well with you. Otherwise, you may have to answer for your bad decisions later, right? Even my friend sending me that text to let me know, now SHE'S impacted my entire day because compliments always make your day brighter, right?

Since I'm going to my Indo-Row class tonight I didn't have to get up early this morning and head to the gym. Yeah for me! So I had good intentions of still getting up early just to keep with my routine but when the reality alarm (also known as my alarm clock) rang, I realized that I should sleep in a little so I did that, for about an extra half hour. Since I did that though, now I have time to blog on my lunch hour so yeah for me! Still trying to decide if I'm going to do weights tonight after my rowing or not. I'll keep you posted. Rowing is pretty intense but I think I might be able to do both. However, I won't push myself if I can't.

Onto other news, I just found out yesterday that this lovely 405 freeway widening project is going to probably seriously impact where I live for the next TWO YEARS due to this latest news:Sunset Bridge Demolition and Reconstruction!!! I live very close to this and it means there will be a lot of angry and confused drivers cruising through my neighborhood. Aah, the joys of living in L.A.!!!

So, yesterday I had a great workout and was out of the gym in record time, just 45 minutes start to finish! I hit my shoulders hard and I know I've gained some strength in them so that's all good.

4 sets of 12 each:
Shoulder press
Front raise with plate
Side lat raise
Machine shoulder press
Rear delt flies
Arnold press

Over the weekend and last night I made quite a few different and delicious proteins all in my plan. They included crockpot chicken tenders, Thai Shrimp Burgers with Cole Slaw, Asian Pork Tenderloin, and Thai Basil Chicken. Oh, yes, now those are all delicious and all fairly simple to make! I also chopped many veggies to mix with my salad greens from the farmers market. I chopped celery, mushrooms, radishes, cucumbers, green onions, and red bell peppers. And then this morning I got up and made some protein muffins for a couple of days with my new protein powder. I like the new protein powder but it doesn't bake as well as my other one. It's cheaper though so I have to take that into account.

Meals so far today:
1) Chai protein tea, oatmeal
2) Oatmeal w/ Voskos Greek yogurt, agave and cinnamon
3) Salad (from aforementioned mix) with shredded crockpot chicken and strawberries with red wine vinaigrette - okay, you all know I'm not a huge salad fan but I am of this one! It's so delicious with the strawberries and then the tanginess of the vinaigrette...YUMMY! I'll probably have this again tomorrow so I'll take a photo because it's really pretty too!
4) Protein muffins
5) Will be Asian Pork Tenderloin with Mashed Cauliflower
6) Probably Thai Shrimp Balls with slaw
7) Probably protein tea or maybe egg whites...

Wow! My menu looks delicious even to me! Anyone want to come over and eat? Please feel free to join me for ANY of my 7 meals! LOL!

I love the crockpot chicken because it's super easy. I just put the frozen chicken tenders in the crockpot with about 1 cup of chicken broth and turned it on high for about and hour and 45 minutes, stirring them around every 20-30 minutes or so. I pulled some out earlier because I could tell they were already done. You can add any herbs, chilies, onion, garlic, etc. that you would like too. I just made it simple because I wanted to have it for salad. When they are done, remove from the broth to cool. You can just refrigerate or as I did shred with a fork and put in portion size containers. So easy, really!

That about covers it. And my lunch hour is over! Have a great day everyone and I'll catch you later tonight or more likely tomorrow since I have to be in bed on time tonight!!

No comments: