~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
January 17th - 23rd
NATIONAL CLEAN EATING WEEK
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I put myself to a challenge and so far pretty good. Last night's meal isn't one that would be considered clean really. It was more of a refuel but I don't think it affected me adversely. I made a conscious choice to eat there and enjoyed the food and the company. To me that's worth so much more than the food sometimes. Sometimes it's just nice to take the time to be with someone or "someones" and share in good food. In America I find we do this too infrequently. Everywhere you go there are distractions from the food. I'm quite food focused and love to talk about it. You know the saying, don't just talk about it...be about it. Well, that's me and food! I am ALL about it! LOL!
Today was a good day. I started out with 40 minutes of fasted cardio. 25 minutes treadmill walking 4.6-4.7 @ 12.5-15% incline and then 15 minutes stepmill level 10. I came home and had a Matcha Green Tea Protein Shake with 1/2 cup oats. DELISH! Then it was off to work. Work went fast today but I felt a little scattered. Sometimes that happens, huh?
Tonight I just rested and created my newest recipe that I LOVE! Very tasty. Asian Kamut Protein Snack Mix. I realized after that I needed to make sure the edamame was dry when I started. I also put in too much salt. I mean, I like salty crunchy things but it was a tad salty for me.
I'm just sitting down to my final meal here and then it's off to bed for some early sleep. Trying to make that goal happen if nothing else!
Today's meals:
1) Matcha Green Tea Protein Shake with 1/2 cup oats
2) Zucchini Loaf w/ walnuts
3) 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup homemade applesauce, 4 slices dried sweet potato (I'll post a picture...something I found at the Asian market that I love because it's CHEWY!)
4) Crunch A Munch Salad with 4 oz tilapia
5) 3 Jamie Eason Chicken Meatloaf Muffins and sugar snap peas
6) 2 thin pork chops (about 4 oz) in Chili Verde - so yummy!
7) Chocolate Mint Protein Tea w/ 1 T NuttZo PF - makes it creamy and adds some fat..yummy again!
Goodnight my dear sweet blog readers. Here's to Thursday. See you soon Friday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment