Monday, January 31, 2011

Oh boy...here comes February!

So, the question is, are you ready for it? How are you doing in 2011? Well I, for one, have had a rough start this year. Not terrible but definitely not on track. I made a plan last week to finish out January on the right foot and start February off right. If you're off to a slow start this year, just accept where you are and make a plan to make progress in February. Join me, won't you? Let's knock it out in this new month!! If you're already rip roaring and raring to go then let's keep it going through February.

I got my place completely straightened out and clean over the past weekend. Clean, clean, clean and organized too. I still have a lot of culling and organizing to do. But I'm going to do that over the next couple of weeks so I don't get too overwhelmed. I also made quite a bit of food yesterday. Let's see...what did I make? Ummm...broiled tilapia, Traci's Thai crockpot chicken, Thai Shrimp Bugers (well, balls actually) with Slaw, and I cooked some kamut so I could make my Kamut Salad with a Kick, which I just finished making. Oh my, I don't think I remembered how tasty that is. Oh boy! I'm going to have to have that with some of my broiled tilapia tomorrow. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

So I changed my workout plan this week. As you may recall last week  I was doing fasted cardio and weights at night. This didn't work out very well for me because I find it frustrating to do weights when it's really crowded at the gym which would be after work. So today, for example, I did a great shoulder workout and then tonight I did 32 minutes cardio. I'll write out my workout tomorrow but for cardio I did 3 minutes warm-up walk on the treadmill. And then I did...are you ready...17 minutes of running!!!! I don't know if you remember but just a couple of weeks ago I started running and did 7 minutes. The next time I ran I did 10 minutes, then 12 and today SEVENTEEN!!!! WOOHOO!!! Quite proud of myself since I am, indeed, NOT really a runner. It really is nice for a change and I'm enjoying it.

My meals were right on today too!

1) 1/2 scoop protein and 1/4 cup oats shake
2) 4 egg whites, 1/4 cup oatmeal, 4 walnut halves
3) Same as 2 with salsa on my egg whites (Thanks Iris!!!)
4) Traci's Thai Crockpot Chicken with 1/2 cup brown rice
5) 1/4 cup oatmeal with 1/2 cup Voskos and 1/2 scoop protein powder
6) 7 Thai shrimp balls with slaw
7) Will be Chocolate Mint Protein Tea and pecans...yummy!

So I'm feeling good coming into February. I'm going to carry this motivation, positivity and enthusiasm through the month!!! Hope you feel it too. WOOHOO!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Great job with the run! You might actually get to where you enjoy it. In my opinion, there's nothing better than that runners high!! =)