Thursday, January 13, 2011

GEEZ...It's like pulling teeth!

2011....yep...a little rocky I would say! Nothing bad has happened but I certainly don't have the fire I had when I started 2010! No, my friends, I do not! With that being said, let me just say that I think I may be making progress. Yes, that is awesome! Let me tell you why. When you're not chasing after a huge goal and you're not attacking it every day (such was my 2010 - ya know, first figure competition and all), life is different for lack of a better word. I'm not saying it's bad but I was feeling a little blah, a little empty.

Luckily for me I have Gina's website and members to lean on. And I did just that. I posted in her forum about my struggles with this year so far and feeling unmotivated, unfocused and frankly BLAH! Well, lucky for me last night was her G-Chat. This is a great and fairly new addition to her site. The girls that were on the chat discussed my problem and they really motivated me so now I have some direction. I will be taking baby steps to get there but I will get there. And THAT my friends is what it's all about. Each of those baby steps adds up and next thing you know you are taking huge strides. Baby steps...yep, that's where it starts! That whole thing about having a goal or a focus is so very true! My problem is that I have lots of goals this year but not one in particular that I really wanted to focus on over any of the others. So they were all just stuck in my head with no place to go. It was like a constant ping pong match inside my head! Yes, balls bouncing randomly and knocking my head all about!!! LOL!! But I think I've regrouped and now I'm ready to start.

LESSON LEARNED: When you're feeling lost/overwhelmed/uninspired/empty...seek help/opinions/advice from people that you know are looking out for your best interests. You never know what people will say and when you'll get just that SPARK you need to start your fire. It's so important to reach out to others. We can't stand alone. We all need assistance from others every single day of our lives. Don't be afraid to ask for help. And don't hide in a corner expecting someone to ask you if you need help. They won't ask because they don't know. Believe in yourself enough to ask for help and understand that help can only come if you ask. I sought help and came back inspired and uplifted. Know who can help you and who can't. Share your problems with those that can help you. You can't go wrong!

It didn't help that I did something odd to my shoulder last week and it started bothering me slightly on Friday and got increasingly worse by Sunday night. I finally took ibuprofen and went to sleep. Monday I woke up and it really wasn't feeling any better. So here I am 5 days into it and it's improving but still bothering me. I've been doing a LOT of lying on the good ol' tennis ball and lacrosse ball as well as stretching and using my hot pack and wonderful lavender neck wrap.

Last night I made my yummy Caesar Salad with Shrimp. I'll post the recipe later with a photo. It was so delish. I really enjoyed it. It also helped me get back on track. I was back in the kitchen making some zucchini loaves after that. I was feeling back to normal. As for today I was at the gym bright and early. I got my morning started with some delicious food also.

Meals so far today:
1) 3 egg whites and 1 egg, oatmeal with orange zest, orange sections and almond butter, and a 1/2 packet of stevia! OH BOY was it good!!! Sooooo tasty!
2) Zucchini loaf with walnuts
3) Erin's Cranberry Orange Cereal Bar and 1/2 cup Voskos Greek yogurt


4) Will be Caesar Salad w/ Shrimp and probably a slice of Julian bread or something like that!
5, 6, 7) TBD

Since I can only work out lower body I am resting today and it was just cardio. But I did get in 30 minutes on the stepmill and then headed to the treadmill. Apparently Nike Free shoes will make YOU a runner too. I am NOT a runner, nor do I pretend to be. But this morning after my stepmill I walked for a few minutes on the incline treadmill and then I ran...well let's say jogged...for 7 minutes straight. Now this may be no big deal at all to most of you but for me it is. I NEVER run! Since my shoulder still hurts it was slightly painful to hold onto the treadmill to do my incline walking so I just decided to run a little but I thought maybe a minute or two at a time. Yes, small successes. That's all you can hope for, right? 

That's my update for now. There will be more to come later and I'll be blogging back to my usual style. But for now I'm headed in the right direction and that in itself is exciting and motivating!!

No comments: