Monday, January 3, 2011

5 BY 2:00!

Yep, that's right...5 meals by 2:00pm. Impressed? I think I am!! I was hungry up until that point too. But after than my hunger waned which is just fine by me. So it looks like I'll be finishing out my day with 7 meals...PERFECT! What a way to start off my new year. Good job me! LOL!

I got in the gym early today. I'm going to try to hit the gym in the mornings and free up my nights for some down time and getting to bed earlier. We'll see how that works. Sometimes I like working out at night but mostly I prefer the early morning since there are far fewer people. I didn't even feel the flux of the New Years Resolutioners this morning. Yeah, people may make resolutions but they're not going to overdo it and think they can commit to a resolution at 5 in the morning. If they did, we would see a lot more of the resolutioners sticking with it. The ones that make the resolution to make it to the gym AND to make it there at 5 in the morning are serious and committed. Yep, NOT a lot of those this morning. In fact, I don't think I saw any new faces! Interesting...

This was my workout this morning:
Barbell Rows 4x6 50# (can definitely go heavier)
Assisted Chin Ups (5 sec negative) 3x6 50#
Incline DB Press 4x6 30#
Standing DB Shoulder Press 3x10 25#
Triceps Pushdown 3x10
SS w/ EZ bar bicep curl 3x10

It was a good workout and fairly quick. I really want to lift heavier but since it was a new workout to me I kind of had to gauge where I am right now and figure out how much to push without injuring myself. So it was a good workout and when I do the same workout next Monday it will be a GREAT workout!

I'm also trying to do a little less cardio. I'm just seeing how my body does with that. I was so used to being in contest prep mode that it's taken me a little while to figure out what's necessary and what I can do without. Basically I don't think I need to do as much cardio as I was doing. I would like to build a little muscle and lose a little fat so I'm switching up my meal plans a little, doing a different training routine and lightening up my cardio. I'll see what happens. It's great to know that if it doesn't work the way you want you can always switch things up again. No harm, no foul, ya know?

My meals were pretty doggone good today:
1) 1/3 cup oatmeal, 1 scoop protein
2) 1 egg and 3 egg whites, 1/4 cup oatmeal, 1/4 cup blueberries, 6 walnut halves
3) 1 egg and 3 egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup homemade applesauce, 4 walnut halves
4) 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, 1 Think Thin bar
5) Traci's Thai Crockpot Chicken, 1/2 cup brown rice medley
6) 2 cups spaghetti squash, 1 - 1 1/2 cups Zesty Tomato Meat Sauce, sprinkling of freshly grated parmesan
7) 7 prunes, 2 pieces of chocolate, 4 TLC multigrain crackers - OOPS!!! Slight derailment!! No problem. There's always tomorrow...
8) Will be pumpkin souffle or 1-minute chocolate protein cake

So, yes, it was only going to be 7 but then 7 happened and trouble began!!! LOL! No problem. It's all fixable and redoable and I can't panic about something as silly as that now, can I?

Still working on my goals for the year and solidifying my action plan as well. But Wednesday is my date to be completed with goals and action plan so expect big things for me Wednesday. I'll be working on it all in the meantime. But I'll list several of my "big ticket items" on my blog just to make myself more accountable. Feel free to let me know some of yours as well. GOALS ROCK!

Hope your first Monday of 2011 was indeed MOST EXCELLENT!!! Keep smiling, eating clean, working out and breaking through! It's your year! What are YOU going to do about it?

No comments: